Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
Dixon, boiler room, etc.. total hipster rubbish. repetitive, boring, almost looks like acting.. hipsters love it, giving rave a bad name. Attending for the love of looking cool, not music.
Who cares man? If someone is going out and enjoying themselves, why take a dump on them? I get it's hard to not feel elitist about music selection as DJs, but at the end of the day there's no reason to shame others for what brings them enjoyment.

Whenever I think about getting on someone for their music taste, I always think of this quote from Matthew Dear aka Audion

I think it's great because all these hundreds of thousands of kids going to these festivals in Vegas and New York-- wearing furry boots, living the rave dream-- are binge-drinking music. They're taking it all in. They don't care about quality-- it's about the epic build and formulaic comedown. But five years from now, they're going to stop that, and there's a good chance that 20% of those people will stick around and start finding avenues towards Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk and Basic Channel. That's fantastic. That's going to be an influx of people that are going to make this music last longer and be relevant. That's all I care about.