Ableton - A1H K1 & K2 mapping
    Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Default Ableton - A1H K1 & K2 mapping

Hi all,
    This is the situation:
    I replaced my NI X1 and F1 by a K1 and A K2 from A&H.
    I finished my own custom mapping for traktor for both controllers, evrything works fine for Traktor.

I have some more buttons and pots to maps to ableton on both controllers (that's why i bought thme, ineed more direct controls than the F1 & X1 can offer me).
    For the K2, absoluttely no problem, I succeed to map all the pots and buttons I want to my ableton set up.
    What I don't understant, is why the K1 don't want to work the same way. When I click the midi assigment in Ableton and choose a function to assign, the free pots or buttons of K1 are not transmitting anything and it's imossible to make any assigment.
    In the options menu, both K1 & K2 have the same settings. Very strange
    Any idea of what happend?

In order to feed this thread and help to find explanation:
    I succeed to map some pots and button of the K1 on ableton but without Traktor opened. When I opened Traktor, pots and button were still alive for Ableton, but all the buttons and pots for Traktor were not responding. How can i sole that kind of conflict?

Problem solved.
    Just a question of driver.on Windows, K1 is plug & play if you just plan to command only one program at a time. So that's why if I open only Traktor OR Ableton, one of the program is not responding to the controller.
    In the specific case where you want to control both application at the same time, you need to install driver (can find it on A&H website downlaod support, for discontinuated devices).

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elohyspoissonpilote View Post
    Problem solved.
    Just a question of driver.on Windows, K1 is plug & play if you just plan to command only one program at a time. So that's why if I open only Traktor OR Ableton, one of the program is not responding to the controller.
    In the specific case where you want to control both application at the same time, you need to install driver (can find it on A&H website downlaod support, for discontinuated devices).
    That's because Windows can't share the MIDI port between applications. Once you open the first program the port becomes closed to all other midi supported apps.

Default comment

thanks you