Downloading tracks in real time...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Downloading tracks in real time...

Any of you guys ever consider a wireless/internet connection of some sort in the club? or at any venue? like something that might allow you to buy and download from beatport or itunes in real time? I mean, usually during a gig, there wouldn't be enough time for this kind of thing anyway, but I think that it might be a cool concept. say on an off chance, you actually get a GOOD request (we all know how this goes... haha), and some guy walks up to you and says "hey man, you got the new micheal mind track? and your like, "no dude, but its a bangin, track, lemme get it" and you go off into beatport and download it to play it...

maybe even encorporate a live beatport browsing function into traktor? who knows!

idk, flame away, or embrace it, either way, I still think its an interesting concept...
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

just don't accidentally preview the track thru your soundcard, lol
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

or play it without cuing, haha it could be YMCA mislabeled as the new "micheal mind" hahah

Tech Convert

It doesn't seem like a bad idea with the availability of 3G or other wireless data services although it might be expensive. There's the issue of reliability and all that stuff which might not be too much of a problem.
    Maybe if the downlink speed is fast enough and you can keep track of everything and as long as it doesn't interfere with the performance/gig it could work out fairly well.
    Last edited by xerosai; 12-05-2009 at 01:47 AM.
    gear: Pioneer DDJ-SR | HP DV6 | Serato DJ | Traktor Pro 2

This was a feature with previous versions of Traktor, but I suppose it wasn't so popular as it's absent these days.

A lot of OG's on this forum will tell you running your wireless with your CPU and memory-heavy DJ applications can cause nasty things to happen to your audio.

I'm completely guilty of having fired up ITunes, Beatport, and TurntableLab mid-set at some point or another for requests which I agree with enough to not say "Sorry, no can do." So far I've been pretty lucky and haven't suffered any drop-outs, but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure.

Using networks while djing doesnt come highly recommend, it can cause drop out issues - dont try it unless you have tested the hell out of before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by xerosai View Post
    It doesn't seem like a bad idea with the availability of 3G or other wireless data services although it might be expensive. There's the issue of reliability and all that stuff which might not be too much of a problem.
    Maybe if the downlink speed is fast enough and you can keep track of everything and as long as it doesn't interfere with the performance/gig it could work out fairly well.
    exactly! get like sprint 3g card or something!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Using networks while djing doesnt come highly recommend, it can cause drop out issues - dont try it unless you have tested the hell out of before hand.
    I agree with you on this though, without the proper amount of RAM, this could cause some major problems

All in all, i just thought that it might be a cool idea, thats all...

how about a beatport app for iPhone? then bluetooth it to the laptop? simples

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    how about a beatport app for iPhone? then bluetooth it to the laptop? simples
    that sir, is an amazing idea!

Tech Guru

I did this last night at a bar that I have dj'd at before, never used their wifi however I almost always dj at home with wifi on and have never had a drop out. Damn i love the stability of my rig, now if I can only become stable myself
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast