Help me at choosing EMP gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me at choosing EMP gear

Hello, i have the opportunity to be funded by my job. They told me to make a list of the GEAR i would need to produce electronic music. Please guys i've been out of the EMP stuff since 2009 so i'm a little rusty, advice me if possible. Im going to put here the list of eq i contemplated but if there's cool stuff out there that i am not aware of please tell me. Thank you in advance.

1.- Mac Pro Quad-Core and Dual GPU
    3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor

vs

6-Core and Dual GPU
    3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor

don't know if quad core would be enough.

2.- universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII QUAD (i'd like to run those DSP UAD plugins)
    3.- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
    4.- Native intruments Komplete kontrol 64
    5.- Native intruments Komplete 11 Ultimate plugins
    6.- Yamaha HS8 8" Powered Studio Monitor - Black
    7.- Logic Pro or Ableton Live
    8.- computer Screen.

The thing is that i want to take advantage of all the budget they can provide and i'm really excited, if you guys can tell me what cool stuff i am missing.

Tech Guru

Youve not actually told us what you are doing.

All you need to make hi quality electronic music now is a laptop and some headphones. Everything else is gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Youve not actually told us what you are doing.

All you need to make hi quality electronic music now is a laptop and some headphones. Everything else is gravy.
    I understand what you're trying to say but im not going to ask for just a laptop and headphones only. If they are funding me why i would only ask for a laptop and some headphones, doesn't make sense. I know people can make music with just a laptop and headphones but i want to take advantage of the funding. Considarate that I will use this EQ for years, i have to take advantage of that.

Copy and paste DJ tech tools production shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Copy and paste DJ tech tools production shop
    I forgot to mention that i only have a budged of around 10,000 USD. I've seen that production shop from techtools but there's a lot of toys there i can't buy them all. i wish i could haha.

Quote Originally Posted by logart View Post
    I forgot to mention that i only have a budged of around 10,000 USD.
    I wish I could "only" have a budget of $10,000.

You should buy things that seem interesting to you. Your workflow will only be good if you have things that actually interest you. Also buy a nice and comfy chair.

you should look into a control surface. this one has motorized faders when mixing and mastering. it is essentially a daw controller http://www.pssl.com/Behringer-X-Touc...ontrol-Surface

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    you should look into a control surface. this one has motorized faders when mixing and mastering. it is essentially a daw controller http://www.pssl.com/Behringer-X-Touc...ontrol-Surface
    I actually was thinking in getting a control surface but i thought the midi keyboard or maschine would do some control functions or am i wrong?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by logart View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say but im not going to ask for just a laptop and headphones only. If they are funding me why i would only ask for a laptop and some headphones, doesn't make sense. I know people can make music with just a laptop and headphones but i want to take advantage of the funding. Considarate that I will use this EQ for years, i have to take advantage of that.
    If you dont know what you are doing or why you are buying the gear, then you are guaranteed to not actually get the right gear for the job.

If you actually tell us the sort of thing you are looking to produce then we might be able to help. Otherwise its just total guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    If you dont know what you are doing or why you are buying the gear, then you are guaranteed to not actually get the right gear for the job.

If you actually tell us the sort of thing you are looking to produce then we might be able to help. Otherwise its just total guesswork.
    House... techno...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast