TRAKTOR - DJM400 support help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TRAKTOR - DJM400 support help

Hi guys, recently decided id experiment with some laptop dj'ing with Traktor.

I've installed ASIO4ALL and everything has latest drivers.
    I'm using windows 10 with 2x cdj400 and 1x djm400

Ive managed to connect my CDJ400's to control and work however, my DJM400 has no control over anything?
    Am i missing something?

There are so much information about setitng up midimaps and so forth but cant find anything anywhere that shows steps to connect a mixer.

Do i need a soundcard ? if so, what would i require?
    Last edited by prolifik; 04-04-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Tech Guru

You need an external Traktor compatible soundcard if you want to run external mode through your mixer.

All of this information is in the Traktor manual.

You can use the CDJs as sound cards: https://support.native-instruments.c...ack-in-TRAKTOR

Quote Originally Posted by prolifik View Post

Ive managed to connect my CDJ400's to control and work however, my DJM400 has no control over anything?
    Am i missing something?
    There are so much information about setitng up midimaps and so forth but cant find anything anywhere that shows steps to connect a mixer.
    When using a real, external mixer with traktor (with or without a soundcard integrated in it) you generally don't midi map it to the software. Just set mixing mode in traktor to "external" and your CDJs will control decks in software and act as a combined (2 + 2 stereo) interface for sound output into your mixer.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I've just re read a tonne of old threads from 2009 and 2010 that say it wont need an external card.
    I just can't get it working for the life of me.
    Anyone have something that could clarify the traktor settings?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
    I've just re read a tonne of old threads from 2009 and 2010 that say it wont need an external card.
    I just can't get it working for the life of me.
    Anyone have something that could clarify the traktor settings?
    Youve been given the answer more than once. Read the Traktor documentation linked above.

Why are you reading threads for info instead of actually going to the verified documentation provided by the manufacturer?

The DJM400 does not have an internal soundcard. It doesnt even have a USB port.

You need to use the pioneer aggregator tool to utilize the soundcards in the cdj400's. Then simply hook the cdj400's into the mixer via RCA.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default comment

I think I should, I'm not sure because I do not know

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Youve been given the answer more than once. Read the Traktor documentation linked above.
    Why are you reading threads for info instead of actually going to the verified documentation provided by the manufacturer?
    I havnt been given any information that pertains to my question. I've read that document.
    As per below, once again. Completely conflicting post from what you have said.
    Further to my question, There are videos on YouTube of people using DJM400 without external sound cards also.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Then simply hook the cdj400's into the mixer via RCA.
    Doesn't work....

Clearly I'm missing one step. And an external sound card is an option, but using it without one is also an option according to many many sources.

Go here: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/supp...tware/cdj-400/

Start by updating the firmware on your CDJ400's.

Now install all drivers and pioneer software.

Once everything is installed, open traktor.

go to the audio tab and ensure CDJ aggregate device or pioneer asio is selected as your soundcard.

Now you can set your audio output settings in traktor to the cdj400's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast