Moving Computers

Default Moving Computers

Hello everyone! I just got a new MacBook Pro 2016 15" running macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and am trying to move my Rekordbox library over to it from my previous MacBook Pro Mid-2012 13" running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Both computers have the same version of iTunes and Rekordbox.

I use iTunes for my playlists then just sync them with Rekordbox. iTunes moved over no problems with all my playlists and music. However, when I drag the contents of the Rekordbox folder from the old computer over to the new one I've run into a problem. All the songs show up and get analyzed, but there seems to be a mismatch. On the left hand back there is a section called playlists and a section called iTunes. All my playlists are in the playlists section with my memory cues and all. The iTunes section does not retain any of my cues or beat grids though.

What am I moving wrong?
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

OK so here's what happened.

When I switched MacBook Pros the name of the user directory was identical but on one it was formatted as "UserName" and on the other it was formatted "username". This was enough to make Rekordbox lose the ability to find the music.

I contacted Pioneer the day I made this thread and have been working with them since. They sent me some diagnostics to run and through comparing them they found the issue.

The ultimate fix was sending them a back up of my Rekordbox library and they modified it to change the user folder path and make it recognize the new one. They sent me the modified back up file, I imported it and I'm back in action.

tl;dr - Make sure your folder names are literally, literally, 100% identical.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU