Tags from Windows Explorer

Default Tags from Windows Explorer

Just a stupid question from someone trying to turn from CD to mp3 Mixing.

I saw that I can Tag my Tracks directly in the Windows Explorer, can I use those Tags in Traktor or do i really have to tag them in Traktor or iTunes???

I know this question might be stupid...but I am so it's legitimate

If you tag them in Windows Explorer, THEN import them into your Traktor Collection, all the tags that you've already populated will show in Traktor.

Now, it gets a little confusing if you try to alter/modify tags once the tracks have been added to Traktors Collection.

Sounds like you're on Windows - I'm gonna do you a HUGE favour here. Get this installed and learn it inside out ASAP:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you tag them in Windows Explorer, THEN import them into your Traktor Collection, all the tags that you've already populated will show in Traktor.

Now, it gets a little confusing if you try to alter/modify tags once the tracks have been added to Traktors Collection.

Sounds like you're on Windows - I'm gonna do you a HUGE favour here. Get this installed and learn it inside out ASAP:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
    Not neccesarily so. Explorer and Itunes sometimes use different tag fields than Traktor. The Remixer field especially is not read by Traktor and has to be redone inside it.

But you can get around that by using the iTunes Node for browsing in Traktor.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

"But you can get around that by using the iTunes Node for browsing in Traktor."

Except you can't if you are using Traktor on Windows 7/8, as NI is too lazy to spend the 5 minutes integrating the open source ALAC decoder that allows you to use lossless ALAC files on both Traktor and Itunes.

The NI Traktor division is a bloody circus now. Im in the process of fully moving to Rekordbox after nearly two years of no significant development on Traktors many many issues. Its obvious that NI literally dont care about Traktor outside of selling controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    "But you can get around that by using the iTunes Node for browsing in Traktor."

Except you can't if you are using Traktor on Windows 7/8, as NI is too lazy to spend the 5 minutes integrating the open source ALAC decoder that allows you to use lossless ALAC files on both Traktor and Itunes.

The NI Traktor division is a bloody circus now. Im in the process of fully moving to Rekordbox after nearly two years of no significant development on Traktors many many issues. Its obvious that NI literally dont care about Traktor outside of selling controllers.
    Cool...As a Long time Cd-Dj I finally decided going the Controller way and got a friends (who upgraded to an S8) old S4 MK1 and you tell me it's gonna be a mess...Damn!!!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Cool...As a Long time Cd-Dj I finally decided going the Controller way and got a friends (who upgraded to an S8) old S4 MK1 and you tell me it's gonna be a mess...Damn!!!
    Traktor works great now. Just dont expect them to fix or improve anything in a hurry.