My bedroom setup
    Tech Convert

Default My bedroom setup

This is my setup. I'm only 16 and am literally just starting out. Any advice and help would be awesome!! I got a MF3D, Numark Mixtrack, Numark M6 USB Mixer, Audio Technica AT-LP 120-USB Direct Drive Turntable, iPad Air 2 with TouchOSC, Denon DJ DS1. My laptop sucks, trying to replace it but don't have money, I need a new one ASAP. But I use Ableton Live 9 Suite, Serato DJ, VirtualDJ 8, and Audacity, and TouchOSC.

Linkin Park inspired this setup ✌️����

IMG_0018.jpg
    Last edited by Manasseh; 04-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.

You're making the right choices for your first setup. With all that gear right there, you will be already be going in the right direction to figure out which methods you prefer. I look forward to seeing you progress mate.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    You're making the right choices for your first setup. With all that gear right there, you will be already be going in the right direction to figure out which methods you prefer. I look forward to seeing you progress mate.
    Thanks bro! Any ideas on how I can make scratch samples in Ableton? Getting a band going here soon, hopefully, and we are going for an LP type band. We chose that cuz we like that style of music and nobody has done that in our church concert scene

I really like the eclectic choices for gear! Maybe another AT turntable? What sort of music do you play?

Unless your laptop is a complete potato, you should be fine running Serato DJ on it. Even Ableton 9 should be fine for a lot of production stuff unless you're really getting into the grit of it.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    I really like the eclectic choices for gear! Maybe another AT turntable? What sort of music do you play?

Unless your laptop is a complete potato, you should be fine running Serato DJ on it. Even Ableton 9 should be fine for a lot of production stuff unless you're really getting into the grit of it.
    Yea, my laptop is in usable. It overheats and dies after like 10 minutes of use. I play rock/electronic music and also rap

Default Well done

Keep at it brother you'll be a jedi soon. Wish I'd started at your age but never had the money. I like how your integrating the vinyl in there.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Darwin View Post
    Keep at it brother you'll be a jedi soon. Wish I'd started at your age but never had the money. I like how your integrating the vinyl in there.
    Thank you. Just need a new Laptop ASAP