My evolving Vinyl/Digital DJ/Listening setup
    Tech Convert

Default My evolving Vinyl/Digital DJ/Listening setup

My dual purpose setup, for mixing, or just kicking back and listening. I've been very slowly building this over about 12 years with various parts coming and going as I've been moving around different places.

The most recent addition is the Kontrol X1, which I wish I'd had sooner. Despite being a total vinyl junkie, it's the most fun thing I've bought in ages. I'm glad I completely skipped CDJs and went to this.

1 x 1210 Mk2
    1 x 1210 Mk3
    Shure M44-G or Nagaoka Mp-110 carts
    Pioneer DJM-707 (back from the days when I could scratch)
    Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2
    NI Audio 4 interface

All running through a Rega Brio-R amp and RS5 speakers.

Obvious weak link is the mixer, which I'm hoping to change out for a Xone PX5 (and maybe a bozure isolator) or Rane MP2014 fairly soon.

IMG_20170408_144516.jpg

Tech Wizard

Looks nice! Always wanted to try out that 707 mixer

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by juanc View Post
    Looks nice! Always wanted to try out that 707 mixer
    I'm thinking of selling it if you're interested (not listed on here yet). It's 100% a scratch mixer. Crossfader is really sharp. Cut-in and feel are very adjustable. The EQ section is also good, not full kill but has a convenient on/off switch. It's essentially the 909 without the effects unit.

It's a bit useless for playing house though. It's really difficult to adjust the crossfader for smooth blends. It either cuts in each channel way too fast, or dips like crazy in the middle. Channel faders are similar, and also quite short. Hence the switch to an xone

That's a pretty clean setup. I currently have my X1 to the left of the left turntable. I've been wanting to move it next to the mixer.
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ao2419 View Post
    I'm thinking of selling it if you're interested (not listed on here yet). It's 100% a scratch mixer. Crossfader is really sharp. Cut-in and feel are very adjustable. The EQ section is also good, not full kill but has a convenient on/off switch. It's essentially the 909 without the effects unit.

It's a bit useless for playing house though. It's really difficult to adjust the crossfader for smooth blends. It either cuts in each channel way too fast, or dips like crazy in the middle. Channel faders are similar, and also quite short. Hence the switch to an xone
    Thanks but i have to say no.
    I think the PX5 would be the best choice.. best of analog and digital world