HELP RF interference with non wireless controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP RF interference with non wireless controller

So I use Vdj and a numark mixtrack series contoler sometimes depending on gig and for some reason when I use a walkie talkie near the set up it causes song to skip any ideas?!?

your controller probably isnt sheilded for RF. im a lighting designer and sometimes RF causes our lighting board to crash or do weird things. there is no fix for this other and to keep it away from the controller

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    your controller probably isnt sheilded for RF. im a lighting designer and sometimes RF causes our lighting board to crash or do weird things. there is no fix for this other and to keep it away from the controller
    Hey thanks brother yeah so I came to that conclusion myself gotta keep the radio 5 or so feet away but I just wanted to make sure it was a normal accurance

makes me wonder though even IF there are any dj devices that are RF shielded. i will have to test some of my equipment

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

makes me wonder though even IF there are any dj devices that are RF shielded. i will have to test some of my equipment
    Are you using cables with Ferrite chokes by any chance ?

I'm a lighting designer and sometimes RF causes our lighting board to crash or do weird things. there is no fix for this other and to keep it away from the controller
    Have You tried one of these ? (Some regular terminators don't suppress RF)

http://www.dfd.com/pdf/term-data.pdf

i have not but i know that our lighting board was failing internally so i can only assume that the cheap controller would do the same thing

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Are you using cables with Ferrite chokes by any chance ?

Have You tried one of these ? (Some regular terminators don't suppress RF)

http://www.dfd.com/pdf/term-data.pdf
    Yes actually some times I use a normal one usb cable but I also have one like that and it didn't seem To glitch when it's in use for some reason is that cable RF resistant ?

Default reply

i have not but i know that our lighting board was failing internally so i can only assume that the cheap controller would do the same thing
    Hopefully not it isn't very old

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by DJKnightowl View Post
    Yes actually some times I use a normal one usb cable but I also have one like that and it didn't seem To glitch when it's in use for some reason is that cable RF resistant ?
    Yep the ferrite choke acts as a filter for RFI. Cables are one of the main sources of RFI, if they are not shielded properly they act like antenna's.

You can decrease the likelihood of any RFI if all the cables are wrapped or clamped in ferrite chokes, clip-on chokes can be bought separately and are cheap as chips.

Bottom line, use decent cables.

https://www.amazon.com/Bestsupplier-...GA8YX93CXFHYEZ

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Yep the ferrite choke acts as a filter for RFI. Cables are one of the main sources of RFI, if they are not shielded properly they act like antenna's.

You can decrease the likelihood of any RFI if all the cables are wrapped or clamped in ferrite chokes, clip-on chokes can be bought separately and are cheap as chips.

Bottom line, use decent cables.

https://www.amazon.com/Bestsupplier-...GA8YX93CXFHYEZ
    Hey man I appreciate the info you learn something New everyday I always wondered what that bulge in the cable was knew it had a purpose thanks for the info about chokes and how to mitigate RFI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast