DIY JOG WHEEL Problem
    Tech Student

Default DIY JOG WHEEL Problem

Hey fellow inventors, musicians and engineers! I have been trying to get started with my own little build and as first thing I wanted to implement is Jog wheel based on rotary (grey) encoder and arduino. Basically reading the sensor works fine but I'm troubleshooting with my MIDI commands. At the moment I am sending serial command: 0xB1 0x23 0x3F (control change; controller 35; value 63) for one direction and 0xB1 0x23 0x41 (same thing with value 65) for the other direction. Hairless MIDI receives the signal correctly but Traktor does weird things: If I press play without any input it plays the track normally until I stop it but if I have the controller connected Play works for a fraction of second and stops automatically. If I try to use my controller I get movement only at one place: a little forward and then I can only move a little backward. In Traktor the device is mapped as Jog turn with relative setting(though with direct setting it enables me to move through the track but only in forward direction in response to turning encoder in any direction). I know that sending only one same value should move the track only a certain amount at the time but I should still be able to scroll through the track both directions. (similar signal is sent by Pioneer DDJ-SB2) So I am confused Any Ideas are welcome!

Tech Guru

I have 2 questions.
    First, are you sending your messages on every "tick" of resolution? Or are you just sending one message when the state changes? Also, are you ONLY sending 3F or 41 for your last byte, or does that change depending on the speed of the rotation?