Any general consensus on soundcards for modular set ups?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Any general consensus on soundcards for modular set ups?

So i'm planning on parting ways with my S8 and building a modular setup. I love my S8 and my S4 MK1 before that, but I like my Xone 92 tooooo much to stick with just the S8. I plan on running 2 D2s and my Xone 92, but it seems like the discussion around soundcards has dried up.

For production I have a Saffire Pro 40, but I'm not going to take my rack with me!

Any current recommendations on a solid, portable, 4 track audio interface?

Thanks!

The Audio 10 fits perfectly underneath a D2, but supposedly it's not sold anymore.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 04-21-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Audio 10 all the way.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

I love Presonus as a brand, but if you need a DJ-centric combination of ins and outs, I also recommend NI. If you only need outs, the A2 travels extremely well. The A8 and A10 are built like tanks, but are discontinued. The next best thing now is the Komplete Audio 6 (if you don't need DVS functionality). Of course Focusrite makes great interfaces as well, but I've never owned one.

Default Similar

Hi mate I just posted a similar thread. But my primary purpose for the soundcard will be recording onto my laptop. But I also use traktor sometimes too.

I think I've narrowed it down to either -

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface

or

NI Komplete audio 6.

I think they both do the same job but the Scarlett is £50 cheaper!

Let me know how you get on...

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I love Presonus as a brand, but if you need a DJ-centric combination of ins and outs, I also recommend NI. If you only need outs, the A2 travels extremely well. The A8 and A10 are built like tanks, but are discontinued. The next best thing now is the Komplete Audio 6 (if you don't need DVS functionality). Of course Focusrite makes great interfaces as well, but I've never owned one.
    Behringer ones are pretty cheap. I would guess they're Core Audio on Mac so no shit drivers, as well.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

I can't recommend Behringer because of the way they handle driver development for most of their products. And not everyone uses OSX, so that's a double whammy. They're fine for utility and the low price, but I would never put myself in a situation where I had to rely on one.

Default Behringer

I can't recommend Behringer because of the way they handle driver development for most of their products. And not everyone uses OSX, so that's a double whammy. They're fine for utility and the low price, but I would never put myself in a situation where I had to rely on one.

Hi mate. Could you expand slightly on that (I'm a bit of a novice looking for a soundcard)....

What do you mean by 'the way they handle their driver development'? and why is it a bad thing, is the sound poor?

And also you say, not everyone uses XOS' - does that mean their soundcards arnt compatible with Windows computers. For eg. Xone 92 - Behringer UMC 404HD - Windows laptop.

Thanks, JD

It's weird that there are no DJ-orientated interfaces with more than two decks, anymore.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

A10 seems to fit the bill the most as I use 4 decks, but honestly I'd like some stronger DA/AD conversion. I just wanted to see what other options were recommended specifically by the DJ community. RME has a lot of interfaces that would seem to work as well.

No thanks on the Behringer :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast