Intro to CDJ's

Thread: Intro to CDJ's

Default Intro to CDJ's

Hey guys, I have decided that it would be smart for me to have cdj's at home and I was looking at the Pioneer xdj-700. I was wondering if it would be smarter for me to purchase 2 decks and 1 2 channel mixer with effects or a 4 channel mixer with effects and then slowly get more cdj's?

Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by liamcashman View Post
    Hey guys, I have decided that it would be smart for me to have cdj's at home and I was looking at the Pioneer xdj-700. I was wondering if it would be smarter for me to purchase 2 decks and 1 2 channel mixer with effects or a 4 channel mixer with effects and then slowly get more cdj's?

Thanks Guys!
    I'd say go for a two channel mixer at first. Unless you absolutley, 100% know you'll need four decks, there's no reason to buy a four channel mixer. Buy a good two channel mixer with a good resell value if you think a four channel mixer might be in your future.

A decent 2 channel mixer is not much less than a 4 channel now-a-days. Go ahead and get the 4 channel.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    A decent 2 channel mixer is not much less than a 4 channel now-a-days. Go ahead and get the 4 channel.
    Any suggestions on good cheap 4 channel mixers?

i picked up a flawless djm600 for $300 on craigslist. stay away from behringer

Reloop RMX80's are decent. You can get a used DJM800 for around $4-500. If your credit is decent, financing is always an option.

Avoid Behringer, Numark, Gemini, and Stanton for mixers.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    i picked up a flawless djm600 for $300 on craigslist. stay away from behringer
    I will probably go for the 600 since I am on a budget and then gradually get more cdj's. Is there a discussion for setting up everything? I am pretty new to all this.

its REALLY easy. get 2 sets of rca, 1 per player to the 'line' input of the mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    its REALLY easy. get 2 sets of rca, 1 per player to the 'line' input of the mixer
    Thanks man! Also do you think it would better to invest more into some cdj-900's or stick with the xdj-700's?

xdj700 has way more features however used xdj1000s go for the same price as new xdj700s on ebay. check my thread a couple posts down about the xdj700s