Vestax VCI 400

Thread: Vestax VCI 400

Default Vestax VCI 400

I am sorry if I am not posting in the right forum or asking in the right place.... I am basically tearing my hair out with this one... I got a Vestax VCI 400 second hand and I am trying to use it with traktor scratch

I am able to get everything except for the cue points to work... I have tried just about every mapping out there.... and going manual seems a bit to complicated for me... basically I would like the 8 keys above the jog wheel to be my cue points that I can delete with shift + the button.... all these mappings claim to do this but its just dead... everything else works just fine tho... I am using the 2.0 firmware... I have tried to set them manually and have gotten as far as getting them to set queue points but cant figure out the modifier to get the shift key to delete them.... this is a real bummer if somebody could point me in the right direction you would be a saint

sincerely a frustrated user.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Are you using a regular 400 or a SE? If you load SE mappings for the regular one the pads won't work since they send different MIDI messages on those controls.

The easiest way to tell them apart is that the SE ones have blue filter knobs while the others have red filters.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Are you using a regular 400 or a SE? If you load SE mappings for the regular one the pads won't work since they send different MIDI messages on those controls.

The easiest way to tell them apart is that the SE ones have blue filter knobs while the others have red filters.
    thats interesting... it doesn't say SE anywhere on the unit but it does have a sticker on the top so its hard to tell.... I do have blue filter knobs.... I have tried mappings specifically for the SE and when I load those nothing works at all... one of the keys will do a FX change but thats it...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

They were also called Ean Golden Edition or EGE. If it looks like the one below it's definitively a SE. If not then you might have a standard one with the filter knobs swapped.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owen420 View Post
    I have tried to set them manually and have gotten as far as getting them to set queue points but cant figure out the modifier to get the shift key to delete them....
    Setting the shift button should be fairly easy to do since Traktor has built in command modifiers.

What you could try is enable "Learn" button and press one of the pads in the matrix and check which midi note was sent from the controller than press the Shift button down and press that same pad again. If the midi note is the same than you can add one modifier to which can help you to create two different states for each pad and if the notes are different than you wouldn't be needing modifiers anyways. Just be sure to use correct command to delete cues.

Add In > Track Deck > Cue > Delete Hotcue

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Setting the shift button should be fairly easy to do since Traktor has built in command modifiers.

What you could try is enable "Learn" button and press one of the pads in the matrix and check which midi note was sent from the controller than press the Shift button down and press that same pad again. If the midi note is the same than you can add one modifier to which can help you to create two different states for each pad and if the notes are different than you wouldn't be needing modifiers anyways. Just be sure to use correct command to delete cues.

Add In > Track Deck > Cue > Delete Hotcue
    thank you I actually had buddy send me the reciept he got from ordering it and its actually a VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition, applied that mapping and everything is working great!!!

thank you guys for all the help your awesome id buy you beer if I ever run into you