Pioneer DJM 900NXS2 v Allen & Heath Xone 92

Default Pioneer DJM 900NXS2 v Allen & Heath Xone 92

Hi all,

After a bit if advice from anyone who may have had experience..

I'm looking for a new mixer that will run the Pioneer RMX 500 to add to my set up.

I'm considering either the DJM 900 NXS2 or an A & H Xone 92 to use with the RMX 500.

I've had a DB4 and love the Allen and Heath sound so my preference would be the A & H mixer for sound quality and filters, however I find the Pioneer effects easier to use and incorporate into my music style (anything from disco to deep/tech house).

So my question is.. what are peoples options of the new 900 NXS2 - is the sound quality comparable to A & H in the latest incarnation of the DJM 900? Is it worth buying?

Has anyone run a RMX 500 through a Xone 92 and how did you find this? Does the RMX work fine?

This would give me the sound quality and filters of the Xone plus the pioneer effects capability which seems to be the best option so far.
    Last edited by Matt D; 05-02-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hi,

I have always preferred the xone92 over any pioneer mixers, like the 900. 5 month ago the club I work in bought the 900 NXS2 and it's great, much better sound then 900. Today I have really problems to choose between the Xone92 and the 900NXS2.

The big advantage with the 900NXS2 is the soundcards. If you do not need the built-in soundcard then go for the XONE92. As I DJ with a laptop I would choose the NXS2. I would miss the 4 band eq from the XONE92.

It's a hard choice. But, a happy one, you have to choose between 2 of the best mixers on the market :-)

Hey
    Thanks for your feedback on the DJM 900 NXS2 sound quality, that is very helpful. Whilst I like the effects that was one thing that was putting me off, that the original 900 NXS sounded so inferior to A&H so good to hear it has been much improved. I was reading Pioneer have gone from a 32bit sound processor to 64bit with the latest 900.

Í have both the db4 and the xone 92 at the moment. I love the db4 but the xone 92 in combination with the audio a 10 seems to sound deeper and warmer....the biggest difference is the eq section, the xone 92 is very very smooth with the 4 band eq and how they are setup...the combination of those 4 bands are excellent, i love the db4 is filter mode but the 92 is also very nice.

The 92 stand or falls with the soundcard you add i think ..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud