Twister snapshot

Default Twister snapshot

I have a question about snapshot function for Twister. Is it only for the step sequencer or can I save any current midi page setting there and get back to it? If so does it also send out the midi page setting on recall?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooneh View Post
    I have a question about snapshot function for Twister. Is it only for the step sequencer or can I save any current midi page setting there and get back to it? If so does it also send out the midi page setting on recall?
    Snapshots are part of the sequencer only and that can't be remapped or used to store any other settings than remix deck and FX parameters.

However Twister has 4 intermal midi banks that you can map freely. You can switch from MIDI page to the Sequencer page by pressing both center side buttons simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Snapshots are part of the sequencer only and that can't be remapped or used to store any other settings than remix deck and FX parameters.

However Twister has 4 intermal midi banks that you can map freely. You can switch from MIDI page to the Sequencer page by pressing both center side buttons simultaneously.
    Ok thanks. If I want to use each bank for a specific synth, I only have four is that right? I cant save any presets?
    Can I change midi channel for all parameters from the controller? My plan was to use it for hardware synths, Im not a DJ

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooneh View Post
    Ok thanks. If I want to use each bank for a specific synth, I only have four is that right? I cant save any presets?
    Can I change midi channel for all parameters from the controller? My plan was to use it for hardware synths, Im not a DJ
    Yes, there are four banks of different midi messages built in to the midifighter firmware that you can access directly with dedicated buttons. However if you need more than four pages you would need a computer and Bomes Midi Translater installed. Trick would be to map BMT presets to one of MF banks -probably use four of side buttons to navigate banks and with remaining two side buttons you could toggle between MFT presets (new banks) with in each bank. I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Yes, there are four banks of different midi messages built in to the midifighter firmware that you can access directly with dedicated buttons. However if you need more than four pages you would need a computer and Bomes Midi Translater installed. Trick would be to map BMT presets to one of MF banks -probably use four of side buttons to navigate banks and with remaining two side buttons you could toggle between MFT presets (new banks) with in each bank. I hope that helps.
    Thanks I bought one to use with ableton instead since I realised it doesnt support sysex or nrpn messages. But I guess maybe Bome can work as a sysex translator too and I also have a midi solutions event processor.

It looks perfect not too flashy and the push button feels great. The knobs are also nice a little flimsy but still nice. The side buttons are not as bad as I thought. I think I will get another one but I would have prefered the side buttons on top.
    What I dont like is that you cant set midi input/output in the midifighter utility program so I have to disconnect it from my Iconnectmidi 4+ everytime I want to make a change. I hope that can be updated.