Track indexing / browsing software?
    Tech Mentor

Default Track indexing / browsing software?

I have what I think is a unique setup at home.

I have a small Linux Mint server at home which is where my music is stored. I load directly from the server by browsing through windows on my laptop.

it's also mounted in windows so that Traktor, along with any other software in windows sees and uses the mounted drive as being on the same computer.

I'd like to have a quicker way of going through my tracks as it takes too long to search.

Is there any music management software that can index the tracks for quicker searching of them?

I don't want to use iTunes (except to get bonjour installed on my system for communication between devices)
    need if paid to be able to licence to 2 computers as I buy new tracks using my desktop, save to my server and DJ using my laptop.

It must be for Windows.

I just have a playlist in Traktor for each load of tracks I download.

I have been organizing in folders since ~2006 as this:
    [year] > [date of download + genre if not trance] > filename as download store has it.mp3

interested as well! ive always wanted to put my whole library on a server

How are you planning on using these files once indexed? Would something like running a plex server on your linux box work?
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

its rather low power my server (less than several previous generations of smartphones) 1ghz integrated VIA cpu, 1gb ram

i run it header-less (no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse) it is set up as a samba for file sharing on my LAN.

solution would have to run on my desktop and laptop, and access the server over the network.

iirc i had to go with linux mint, rather than ubuntu as the integrated graphics wouldnt work.

the files would be loaded up in traktor or ableton live on my laptop.

i currently have the samba server mounted in windows so that windows just sees it as on the same computer
    i browse to find tracks in traktor.
    browsing and loading is fine, but running a search takes too long, and thats why i want to index the tracks on my server where a database type file would be quicker to search whilst playing.
    i think it would be best to do it on my laptop, to help the load on the server.
    Last edited by djrickdawson; 05-09-2017 at 02:08 PM.