Disassemble MF3D?

Question Disassemble MF3D?

Hi all!

I was thinking it'd be rad to pimp out my MF3D with some art, and had planned to take apart the case, draw on the top half of the case with paint markers, clear coat it, and put it back together. I popped off the rubber feet, unscrewed the hard case, took out the four internal screws mounting the circuit board to the top case, but then, I couldn't figure out if there's a way to actually pull the board out. The board seems really solidly attached, even with the screws removed. Is there any way to remove the PCB and switches for painting like this, or is the circuit board not removable without desoldering the arcade buttons?

It'd also be sweet to get some documentation on what those two unsoldered headers on the PCB do. I assume one of them is a programming header. If there happened to be a serial port spouting midi commands nestled in there, I doubt I could resist making my MF3D support Bluetooth LE MIDI. Man that'd be cool! The cable's annoying as heck!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phx View Post
    is the circuit board not removable without desoldering the arcade buttons?
    Pretty much this. You'll have to desolider each button. Do it by yourself only if you have the expertise, if not, take the device to a service for electronics.