Midi fighter Twister sequencer off beat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Question Midi fighter Twister sequencer off beat

I have installed this and tested it, but i seems to be off beat most of the time. I try to sync it in various ways and offen et hits exactly one beat of.

I try to use the sync button on both the deck playing and on the sequencer deck. I try to press the sync button on the clock options in the top left corner, but getting this to sync seems more luck then knowledge. Can some help me get this working?

Jeppe Johansen

I'm having the same.problem. extra complication is.that I'm not entirely sure what it syncs to: for as far as i understand it syncs to masterclock, not deck phase, so y can't nudge the deck and hit the sync button.
    Serious problem, anybody got any ideas how to dig into this?
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

i dont have one but it syncs to midi clock. pressing the lower left button should cause traktor to send a midi "start" message which will in turn make the twister restart its sequence on the "1" beat. i tend to press the equivalent button on my controllers on the off-beat just before the 1. having quantise+snap turned on should help plus make sure the tracks are beat gridded properly.

pressing that "sync button on the clock options in the top left corner" should do the same as pressing the twister lower left button. pressing sync on the sequenced remix deck wont have any real effect (i actually leave mine turned off) tho u should make sure any track deck has sync turned on.

can't think of anything else off hand...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

So, after fiddling around a lot, I am pretty sure I've tried pretty much everything, and the problem's bigger then me...
    The only way I can get the twister synced to the other decks is:
    turning off auto sync, switching to master sync.
    manually nudging all running decks except for the remix deck approximately 1/6 phase forward.

Stuff I've tried and checked.
    The obvious stuff:
    send sync (left bottom button on twister, just before the one)
    stop/ play on the twister, just before the one
    nudging the remix deck (has no effect, which is logical, but still tried it anyway...)
    Checking samples in the deck (all .wav's starting on the one bang on)
    Checking the songs playing in other decks
    Trying to sync the remix deck to
    --> Its own tempo tick
    --> The other decks tick
    --> master tick

Stuff that might work:
    quantizing the remix deck --> quantization on at 1, remix deck in sync (turned on beat sync instead of tempo)
    I do not understand how this can not have any effect. At worst, this should fuck up the beat, but in sync (downbeats to much out of sync might get quantized to the two instead of the one) It doesnt effect it at all...

troubleshooting:
    removing all other controllers and mappings --> no effect
    Upgrading, re installing, downgrading traktor --> no effect
    updating twister firmware --> no effect
    factory settings reset --> no effect

Some stuff I noticed:
    phase on the remix deck drifts as soon as i hit the midi clock sync button (phase bar shows a little yellow just left from the indent) resyncing deck and then midi clock repeats this.

What's next?
    I see a lot of area's where the problem might come from:
    Midi clock not sending a good signal --> I might sync Traktor to ableton tonight to see how if this works
    Midi fighter not translating traktor midi clock correctly to internal clock --> don't know how to test this
    Translation from sequencer to midi out receives latency --> don't know how to test this
    Traktor can't handle all the midi signals which leads to latency --> I'd expect that if this was the problem, removing my other mappings (many!) should've had some effect...
    Create a ticket at DJ techtools (last resort...)
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Tech Wizard

Try setting remix quantize on at 1/4 beat and sync on. Sync should be beat sync. Also punch mode should be off
    midi fighter twister, denon sc2000, launchpad mini, behringer mm1, behringer dv1, NI audio 2, traktor pro 2, 2xNumark TTX1, Gemini PS02 usb

Yeah. Turns out there's a setting 'one shot samples ignore quantization'. Woops.

Tech Convert

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Deksel View Post
    So, after fiddling around a lot, I am pretty sure I've tried pretty much everything, and the problem's bigger then me...
    The only way I can get the twister synced to the other decks is:
    turning off auto sync, switching to master sync.
    manually nudging all running decks except for the remix deck approximately 1/6 phase forward.

Stuff I've tried and checked.
    The obvious stuff:
    send sync (left bottom button on twister, just before the one)
    stop/ play on the twister, just before the one
    nudging the remix deck (has no effect, which is logical, but still tried it anyway...)
    Checking samples in the deck (all .wav's starting on the one bang on)
    Checking the songs playing in other decks
    Trying to sync the remix deck to
    --> Its own tempo tick
    --> The other decks tick
    --> master tick

Stuff that might work:
    quantizing the remix deck --> quantization on at 1, remix deck in sync (turned on beat sync instead of tempo)
    I do not understand how this can not have any effect. At worst, this should fuck up the beat, but in sync (downbeats to much out of sync might get quantized to the two instead of the one) It doesnt effect it at all...

troubleshooting:
    removing all other controllers and mappings --> no effect
    Upgrading, re installing, downgrading traktor --> no effect
    updating twister firmware --> no effect
    factory settings reset --> no effect

Some stuff I noticed:
    phase on the remix deck drifts as soon as i hit the midi clock sync button (phase bar shows a little yellow just left from the indent) resyncing deck and then midi clock repeats this.

What's next?
    I see a lot of area's where the problem might come from:
    Midi clock not sending a good signal --> I might sync Traktor to ableton tonight to see how if this works
    Midi fighter not translating traktor midi clock correctly to internal clock --> don't know how to test this
    Translation from sequencer to midi out receives latency --> don't know how to test this
    Traktor can't handle all the midi signals which leads to latency --> I'd expect that if this was the problem, removing my other mappings (many!) should've had some effect...
    Create a ticket at DJ techtools (last resort...)
    Have you found the solution to this???
    I'm having the same issue tried everything I could and nothing... when setting the tempo all the way down to 40bpm you can notice the Offset a LOT... hit the sync button on the Master clock and the Twister and it gets on beat... but after the first loop it gets offset for some reason... I even went to the Midi Clock options to check it wasn't Offset... I have it at 0bpm offset...
    I believe its the timing on the sequencer programing in the Twister... if I don't find anymore answers I'm going to submit a ticket... I just purchased it and received it today... I like what you can do with it.. but if the beat is not on time its flawed... I'll ask for a refund and return the device...
    HELP!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Montro25 View Post
    Have you found the solution to this???
    I'm having the same issue tried everything I could and nothing... when setting the tempo all the way down to 40bpm you can notice the Offset a LOT... hit the sync button on the Master clock and the Twister and it gets on beat... but after the first loop it gets offset for some reason... I even went to the Midi Clock options to check it wasn't Offset... I have it at 0bpm offset...
    I believe its the timing on the sequencer programing in the Twister... if I don't find anymore answers I'm going to submit a ticket... I just purchased it and received it today... I like what you can do with it.. but if the beat is not on time its flawed... I'll ask for a refund and return the device...
    HELP!
    I'm having the same problem as well. It syncs when you press the bottom left side button and sounds fine for a loop then goes out. This is very frustrating and means I cant play it with other decks.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try using this one instead. It relies on entirely on Traktor's clock and should be spot on every time.

Tech Wizard

What is the difference between this mapping and djtt's one?. Does it work the same?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast