Using two VCI-100s...

Default Using two VCI-100s...

I was wondering if it was possible to use two VCI-100s in tandem with Traktor Pro? It seems like a no-brainer but I'm not sure how to change the MIDI channel on these guys... Thanks a bunch in advance.

Also, on a sidenote one of my VCI-100s has had a problem for a while where the sensor sticks down at seemingly random times and a bit of a jiggle of the jog wheel is the only way to get it unstuck; this problem makes it inoperable in Vinyl Control mode and becomes a problem while DJing at clubs with really loud lowend because it sends the sensor into a frenzy. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or might know of a solution? Thanks!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

If you use a more recent version of Traktor Pro (1.2+) then changing the MIDI channel won't be necessary as you can create a page in the controller manager for both VCI-100s exclusively.

Your VCI-100 platterns might be too sensitive. Luckily you can adjust that setting via a poti on the top side.
    If they still react to the club environment get your self some padded foam.
    Although being expensive I can recommend the V100 bag made for you.

You only need to open it, flip the back around and are ready to rock.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Thanks for that mate, didn't know about the pages thing. (Boy, I love Traktor but that MIDI mapping section really needs a shot in the arm!)

I have adjusted the trimpots on the back, as well as taken out the platter and cleaned off the bearings on the inside. Same problem persists, although in the beginning it was much worse as the platter used to simply stop and required some force to move again. I have a feeling it was a bit of bumping in a bag through the airport that did it. I have a nice laptop case that fits my Sony Z and VCI-100 to a tee now so that kind of rogering isn't par these days but I'll have to invest in something new to fit my additional VCI-100.

I realize this is probably not the most fitting place to ask such a question but has anyone used the Allen & Heath 1ds and how would a couple of those supplement a single VCI-100 for 4 deck use? Also, the equipment is shared between two DJs for live performance.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

2 Xone 1D can easily replace one of the VCI's if you're comoftable with their layout.
    Control-wise I think you'll even have more controls available that way.
    I don't know how space-saving it is though.
    The Xone 1D's are also higher than the VCI which could be a problem.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community