vestax gear...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vestax gear...

Tech Wizard

Default vestax gear...

so i have opportunity to get a couple vestax d3's

i have a pdx2000 (which is in shop getting fixed); but which is better? i see that the 2000 has adjustable speed for braking and starting- do the d3's also have? i tried google but not getting succinct answers- if i am understanding what i am reading/finding on line is that the d3's do not. but i kinda like that feature of being able to adjust the brake/start.

would anyone know if one table is better than the other? i see the 2000's are straight tonearm, while the d3's are not. advantage / disadvantages between the two ?

pls thx in advance

You will prefer your 2000's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

well ok- itd be cool to maybe understand why a little bit...

but will say that i am having hard time finding a black 2000 to match the one i have now- the silver are all around - but not sure how i feel about having the two different colored 2000's.

the d3's i have are both black and match

what about the d3's are not so favorable ??

I had the MK2 many years back, and liked it at the time. I was mixing more than scratching then though, and the lack of strobe and high torque definitely made it more difficult to mix on than the 1200's that I have now.

Bastet's right - you will prefer your 2000's.

For me, it boils down to one thing - are you a mixer or a scratcher? If you're a scratcher, keep the 2000's. You can't fault 'em for cutting. If you're a mixer, there are MUCH BETTER turntables out there than the 2000's and the D3's.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

thanks patch and everyone- so i like to do both (scratch/mix) some days like the scratch thing, other days mashup/remix stuff... so i am guessing that the 2000 would be cool with both ?

what about the difference between all the various pdx2000's
    the 2000, mk2, and mk2 pro....what is it that makes one different or better?>? like is it upgraded motor stuff on each one? just seems like i am not reading/finding/seeing much on what sets them apart?

i have two of the 2000's now, one in shipping....but now i see local guy with a mk2 pro. What should i know about the two ?

The difference is not massive. You'll be happy with them no matter what model you get hold of.

Just be aware that the torque on the PDX's is pretty damn powerful. This is GREAT for cutting - but not so great for mixing. You'll need to apply lots more pressure to the platter to slow it down than you would on 1200's/1210's...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

love the 2000
    got it back from the repair shop
    has a shure m44-7 and works like a boss...

i know this is going to sound stupid, but i even though i liked the shure 44, i went got the elektro ortofon cartridges/styli ...

read on couple places they are really good, and i will keep the shure as back up

plus i have a 3rd vestax and will prolly just put it on d3.

but yeah the 2000 i do like much better than the d3 for scratching/cuttin'

Don't replace M44's for anything for scratching, mate.

The M44's will keep you more than happy for scratching. They track like an absolute dream.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Well damn, ive already pulled trigger on the elektros...got a pair of cartridges and stylis for 150 to the door...

I still have the m44

Geese, I thought I was doing myself a favor

Anyone know of good/reliable source for headshell, cartridge, and stylus for the 44's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast