How to achieve this effect?

Default How to achieve this effect?

Hi everyone

How do you achieve this uplifting effect? He is using a DJM 900 and nothing else as far as I can tell.

Between 1:45 and 2:00 on https://be-at.tv/brands/printworks-l...n/hot-since-82

Default fx ?

"How do you achieve this uplifting effect? He is using a DJM 900 and nothing else as far as I can tell."

I've used a djm 400 and traktors stock controller filter. (IE the knob below the bass eq) to get something similar. Adjust filter and flanger at the same time. Large amounts of both. You'll hear the electrical zapping sound near the peak of both. If you want the delay add it but I suspect your referring to the rising in the pitch of the effect and not the delayed sounds. I think you can layer fx sounds on the 900 and that's probably what he's doing. The x pad control should be able to do this if not because it's controlling 2 axis at a time. The delayed sound on my djm-400 is called echo I think. That effect takes a sample of sound bpm matched at 1/16 beat to 4 beats and repeats it in a slowly fading in or out style depending on how far you turn the fx knob's gain up or down.

Tech Wizard

un/non-synced delay effect, varying the delay time in ms
    shifting from long to slow times pitches it down, from long to short pitches it up
    works great when paired w/ reverb
    this efx is possible w Traktor T3 delay
    I think you can do it with the Pio too, but not sure