Buzz sound

Thread: Buzz sound

Tech Wizard

Default Buzz sound

Hi,

I noticed a buzzing sound coming through my mixer channels when I have no sound playing. When a channel fader is down/closed the buzz, noise is gone.when opening a channel fader the buzz sound is there.

This is my setup:
    MacBook pro 2017 USB C connectors
    Xone 92 mixer
    2 soundcards traktor audio 6 (ableton) and 10 (traktor)
    2 xone k2
    1 faderfox
    Maschine mk2

What can I do about it?

Thnx,
    Sanny

grouding issues. Borrow a power conitioner and see if the issue goes away.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

First Plug in the mixer without any sources and raise the channel, see if there is still a buzz.

If your Mixer buzzes without anything else plugged in you may need a power conditioner or grounded cables. OR it might be an internal fault with the mixer channels.

If no buzz from the mixer: plug in each audio source directly into your amp/speakers bypassing the mixer.

If there is a buzz from any of the sound cards outputs when plugged directly into the speakers / amp then your Soundcard/s needs ground loop isolators on the outputs OR grounding/power conditioning on the PSU/s.

Lastly - if your Macbook is plugged into mains power, plug it out and see if the buzzing stops.

First thing to do though is to trace the Buzzing and whats the actual source.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    First Plug in the mixer without any sources and raise the channel, see if there is still a buzz.

If your Mixer buzzes without anything else plugged in you may need a power conditioner or grounded cables. OR it might be an internal fault with the mixer channels.

If no buzz from the mixer: plug in each audio source directly into your amp/speakers bypassing the mixer.

If there is a buzz from any of the sound cards outputs when plugged directly into the speakers / amp then your Soundcard/s needs ground loop isolators on the outputs OR grounding/power conditioning on the PSU/s.

Lastly - if your Macbook is plugged into mains power, plug it out and see if the buzzing stops.

First thing to do though is to trace the Buzzing and whats the actual source.
    Thnx man, good guidance. I will test it this way

Tech Wizard

Damn, it is the xone 92 mixer.
    the power conditioner i understand, but can you explain the grounded cables a bit more?
    how to use it, where use it, wher to go, etc

thnx!
    sanny

Quote Originally Posted by Sanny View Post
    Damn, it is the xone 92 mixer.
    the power conditioner i understand, but can you explain the grounded cables a bit more?
    how to use it, where use it, wher to go, etc

thnx!
    sanny
    Where are you based?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Where are you based?
    I'm based in belgium