Traktor backups and what to save?

Default Traktor backups and what to save?

So I recently downloaded a mapping for the Rane 62. After loading it and using it, I've had strange behavior with other mappings. Basically, nothing just automatically works when plugged in, which is how it used to be. (IE - I used to be able to plug in my CDJ 900's and they "just worked" in HID mode. Same with my DJM T1. That's no longer the case, and I have to fiddle around with loading the mappings now.)I've backed up my computer with Time Machine on one drive and put all critical music, photo, and various other files I want on another. I figure it's been years, and a reformat wouldn't hurt at this point either. What exactly should I be making sure to keep and from where as far as my collection in Traktor is concerned? Wanna make sure I can keep all my cue points, grids, etc., but figure a fresh install of traktor wouldn't be a bad idea at this point either.

Save the entire traktor documents folder. your cuepoints etc are saved on the id3 tag (if mp3) already so no worries there. If you have a large colection, this folder can be quite large, in my case over 6gb.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Save the entire traktor documents folder. your cuepoints etc are saved on the id3 tag (if mp3) already so no worries there. If you have a large colection, this folder can be quite large, in my case over 6gb.
    TraktorSettings.tsi file lives in a same folder and sometimes this file can get corrupted. Especially on Windows based computers. I always delete this file first and then save entire Traktor folder.

Just to be clear, we're talking about the Documents>Native Instruments>Traktor x.x.x folder on a mac, right?

Yep
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Well that didn't go as smoothly as hoped, but I think I got everything back to normal. Crossing my fingers for my gigs this weekend. lol.