Sorry to add to the ubiquitous number of headphone threads here but I think this question is worth its own. I dig my AIAIAI TMA-1s (the originals, not the studio version), but they have taken a beating. The earpads need replacement but the whole thing has seen better days. My questions:

Can I replace the earpads? Their website only lists parts for the TMA-2 although they look the same

Which earpad is the one to get? I like the sound isolation of the "leatherette" ones that came with the headphones originally. These look to be the E07 version they have for sale for the TMA-2. But they seem to be pushing the E02 ("PU Leather") for isolation; they're $5 more but do they provide more isolation?

Should I just get new headphones? I had some Sennheiser Amperior and while I loved the sound, the cable was shit - it wouldn't maintain a steady connection on both ears. Fewer little plugs = fewer chances for that shit to happen and the TMA-2 and the Sennheisers both suffer from too many plugs. Do Sennheiser HD-25s have the same problem, and which of the many different models should I be looking at?

I'm probably not interested in any models other than the TMAs and the Sennheisers but feel free to comment about your favorite headphone because that's what headphone threads are all about anyway