Traktor not seeing S8

Default Traktor not seeing S8

I bought this S8 and have spent three days trying to get it to work with Traktor in OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 with absolutely no luck. It's no fun to spend this kind of money and not be able to use the thing!

I updated the firmware on the S8 to the latest version 80.

When I plug the S8 into USB it says that I connected Traktor Control S8.

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Controller Editor are registered just fine in Service Center.

I tried multiple versions of Traktor (2.7.1, 2.7.3, 2.8) .

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Traktor numerous times following the uninstall instructions in the knowledge base.

I am running the latest OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite with no other problems.

I have been able to play audio through the S8 but nothing else.

Controller Editor does not work and says "Traktor Kontrol S8: The Native Instruments Hardware Controller Support is not running."

I have verified that NIHardwareAgent process is running and loading at boot up

I have reinstalled Controller Editor 1.8 from its own package.

This is the worst experience I've had with anything I have ever bought at this price point. I planned to get into the NI world and buy their other products also, but I am now questioning my decision. I would really like to pass my judgement after I use the thing and find out if the software is as buggy as it seems from reading the forums. How could "professional" software and hardware be this unreliable???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to play with it this weekend before I decide to get my money back and go with something else.

Thank you!

As a general rule of thumb, if you have the newest firmware on the unit you should be also using the newest software version (2.11). Blaming the manufacturer because of your computer is...unproductive.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Please open service center and update to Traktor 2.11.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6