Nicecast not working with A&H DB4 - Help!!

Default Nicecast not working with A&H DB4 - Help!!

Helo Tollinas,

I am using Traktor via A&H DB4 in external mixer mode 9together with 2 turntables). I cannot get Nicecast to 'find' my audio source to enable me to broadcast my radio show. The Audio source selected is the A&H although I have tried all other but nothing.. Any help would be appreciated. I have searched the web and there are some suggestions of using my 'record out' on the mixer but I should not have to because of the Db4's internal sound card.

Hmmm.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

27" Imac (2.8 Ghz i5; 16GB; 256 SSD); Logic X; M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Keyboard; A&H DB4; A&H K2; Roland MC-303; Shure SM58 Mic; Technics RP DH1200 Headphones; Fishy Bum Splat Burger for lunch and dinner

Using windows?
    Strictly vinyl or DVS?

Nicecast probably cannot access your DB4's internal interface because the software is already using it via the ASIO driver (limitation of windows where it only allows one program at a time to use the same ASIO driver)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Using windows?
    Strictly vinyl or DVS?

Nicecast probably cannot access your DB4's internal interface because the software is already using it via the ASIO driver (limitation of windows where it only allows one program at a time to use the same ASIO driver)
    Thanks for the reply.

So the set up is 2 Traktor decks in external mixer mode on mixer channels 1 & 4 and 2 turntables (not DVS) on mixer channels 2 & 3. I should have mentioned that I am using an imac so no windows.

I have been told to use the record out on the mixer to another soundcard and then get nicecast to pick up that instead of the DB4 soundcard. This seems ridiculous....

Thanks

Rob
    27" Imac (2.8 Ghz i5; 16GB; 256 SSD); Logic X; M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Keyboard; A&H DB4; A&H K2; Roland MC-303; Shure SM58 Mic; Technics RP DH1200 Headphones; Fishy Bum Splat Burger for lunch and dinner

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Cutts View Post
    I have been told to use the record out on the mixer to another soundcard and then get nicecast to pick up that instead of the DB4 soundcard. This seems ridiculous....

Thanks

Rob
    Yes, it's the most common workaround. As I said, it a real limitation on windows but I am unsure of mac os, don't have too much experience with them.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Solved!!!