Pioneer CDJ/XDJ HID guidance

Default Pioneer CDJ/XDJ HID guidance

I am exploring HID as an option to when I do not have technics 1200's available or venue can't accommodate my technical rider... I have some questions that I have not been able to find answers to;

Macbook Air OS X 10.11.6
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 V2.10.2.9

1. I own Traktor Scratch Pro 2 V2.10.2.9 will I be able to use a DJM 900NXS or 900NXS2 as a soundcard and CDJ's as HID with that version of traktor?
    2. I only want to connect 2 CDJ as HID only no sound card aggregate, do I need to connect the 2 individual USB to HUB --> macbook or can I connect one CDJ USB and daisy chain with LINK and ethernet to the second CDJ? I ask because I am not a fan of adding hubs to the setup
    3. if I did want to do the sound card aggregate do I then need to connect all individual USB to a hub and then to macbook?
    4. which of the supported listed models performs the most stable? (CDJ-900 /CDJ-900 Nexus /CDJ-2000 /CDJ-2000 Nexus / CDJ-2000 Nexus 2 / XDJ-1000)
    5. I have watched some of the youtube tutorials on the topic that come up (DJTT, Dubspot, DJTV) which ones do you recommend or are there any well written ones besides RTFM?
    6. if I do have to add a USB hub which is hands down the Rolls Royce of powered USB hubs that has a small enough footprint, is there a thunderbolt to USB hub solution?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1. Yup!
    2. You can use the 900's audio interface and skip aggregating. Simply plug the CDJs and mixer via USB, you can't use Link as an alternative to a USB cable for Traktor use, it just doesn't work that way.
    3. You need to do it either way.
    4. All supported models work quite reliably.
    5. It's a fairly straightforward process so as long as you follow these you should be ok
    6. Here are some recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    3. You need to do it either way.
    This also applies to 5.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Thank you!

Make sure you keep updated firmwares on you. I have had to update the firmware on CDJ's a few time when I was using Traktor.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Make sure you keep updated firmwares on you. I have had to update the firmware on CDJ's a few time when I was using Traktor.
    for sure...

given the firmware is up to date to avoid issues is there a preferred method of plug-in to computer, CDJ first and then launch traktor or Vice-A-Versa, or it doesn't matter?

thanks