Problem with modifier section in Traktor

Default Problem with modifier section in Traktor

Hello !

I'm actually mapping my maschine mk2 with traktor to have a nice workflow to mix with my D2!
    I hope to make the perfect ultimate maschine template !

But I've a little problem with my beatmahser...
    Like most of you, I've mapped beatmasher on four pad with differents values witch activate themself when i press one pad, et release the effect when i'm not pressing it anymore. (button 1 = hold, and knob 1 = direct with the value I want - 0,5 ; 0,8.. 0,9 ...).
    The problem is when i'm pressing 2 or 3 pad following... As soon as I release the first pad, the effect turns to off.

Logic you would may say because i've fixed it to hold !

I've find a video where they explain how to fix it and adding modifier to command the beatmasher and play with pad like a piano. ( to 7-8 mins)

Following the video, you have to :

- Creat a modifier (2 in the exemple) and map it to the first pad as a button and "increase" in the interaction mode
    - Duplicate it with the same pad, and change the setting of interaction mode to decrease and invert the section
    => When you're pressing the pad, the modifer goes to 1 and when you release, it comes back to 0.

- You do the same thing with each pad and at this point of the video when he presses to first pad, then the second and the third... modifer goes to 1, 2 and 3. And when he releases the first and the second, the value of modifier is still on 1.
    I've done exactly the same thing, but my modifier can't go upper than 1 ... so when I release the first pad, modifier comes back to 0 ... and beatmaser turns off (second part on the video where you map button 1 of the effect with modifier value = 0 and a second to modifier value = 1 to keep holding mode).

Do you have an idea why I can't use these modifier like him ? I notice that the order of the mapping change the goodwork of modifier (sometime it doesn't work if map inc before dec), but there is no way to go to value 2 or 3...

Thanks a lot ! And sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language !

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Probably because button options are expecting the value of 127 sent from the controller. You can check which velocity is set for each pad in the Controller Editor software.

Thanks !

I set the value of velocity on 127 for max and min and it works now !

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Welcome mate! Glad that helps