Ipad to external effects: use vst app or touch osx to control vst ?

Default Ipad to external effects: use vst app or touch osx to control vst ?

Hi gays !

I would like to add some VST with traktor to experiment some set that seems more as a live than a classic dj set.
    I use traktor and Xone dB4 as external mixer that didn't have a loop send/return.

Unfortunately traktor hasn't this fonction yet so I've planned to send audio to Ableton to use vst...
    I work more with ProTools and Logic so I'm not a Ableton' super user but I didn't find a way to creat a send/return for each channel like a cdj... You can make great thing with an Aux bus but I use external mixer so I need my effect come back on each channel separately.

The only way I've found is to use opposition phase ! It's maybe a little bit complicate to understand without manipulating so I took a screenshot of my session.
    (my sound card isn't connected so I use apple sound device to illustrate)
    Capture d’écran 2017-06-19 à 14.36.54.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...a-14-36-54.png

Channel audio 1&2&3&4 is for each Dech from traktor (with soundflower) goes to different channels of Xone dB4.
    Deck A-> Channel 1 Ableton (name Deck A) -> Channel 3&4 xone dB4
    Deck B-> Channel 2 Ableton (named Deck B) -> Channel 5&6 one dB4
    When I want to use a plug only on Deck B for example, I use a macro that activate the Send B to the auxB where i've put a opposition phase. The result is that no sound goes to the mixer (phase opposition)
    But the macro simultaneously activate the Send E of auxB, that return on auxE with my plugins( set in send only)
    And finally, the macro also activate send G of AuxE (Plugin) to send the signal wet to return auxG that have as output channel 5&6 of xone.

It’s the only way I’ve found ! If I keep original signal with no opposition phase, I add 3 dB with the aux, and I introduce phasing (with plugin traitements) and if I put 4 times each plug... my CPU will not follow.
    Yes I've just thing to another way : use aux in prefader, not use opposition phase, and have a macro that turn off the fader and activate send to aux...

The next step now is to configure plugin I want to use… and it’s where I need advice.

The first plug I want to add is rmx1000, effectrix and turnado to experimant new things with a controller and for me the best is an ipad… (I’ve an ipad air2).
    But these plugs exist in ipad app too, so isn’t more easier to buy app and use audiobus to rout audio from ableton to ipad and return the track to aux bus ? And I keep the graphic interface.
    There will be no problem with latency or CPU ? I don’t know if you can run the audio between the 3 app and switch main button ?

The other solution is to use Lemur or TouchOsc to configure each VST in Ableton or maybe touchable, I don’t new the features to manipulate plug with.
    I’ve never made a template for Touch osc or Lemur so I don’t know how many time it take…

Someone have any experiences ?

Thanks a lot ! And good luck to read this thread
    Last edited by mskoat; 06-19-2017 at 11:12 AM.