Glossary of all music production words, EDM, DJ terms, and sound engineering terms.

Default Glossary of all music production words, EDM, DJ terms, and sound engineering terms.

Hello to music producers, DJs, sound engineers, and musicians. Today I would like to tell you about a wonderful project, in which I was honored to take part. It is a book, written by a team of electronic music producers, DJs, and sound engineers around the world, which contains all music production words, audio engineering terms, some music theory terms, DJ slang, EDM genres, sound effects, types of synthesis and sound waves, sampling forms, compression, reverb, ADSR, EQ, distortion, delay types and so on. The book is suitable both for beginners in the world of music creation and for more experienced producers and engineers. Here is a link to it, if anyone is interested. Thank you for attention.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Musician...=good+musician

P.S. There is also free app for android, based on this book. It worse than a book, because there is no category and groups, there is only list of words in alphabet order, with definitions, but an app is free and good for such things as – click on app – find a word you need to know right now – see the definition – turn it off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.goodmusician
    Last edited by Prime Suspect; 07-30-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Tech Guru

This is annoying advertising

I didn't okay it, but it's free and possibly helpful to some people.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

The UI is ugly, but I can dig the idea.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default Answers

1) Why is annoying? I posted here only once, and I though it can be useful for people, I dont ask money for this, it's free
    2) Thank you!
    3) I don't know, I like UI) It's simple and just cosy) And I think this app is more about the idea, rather than UI)

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Suspect View Post
    1) Why is annoying? I posted here only once, and I though it can be useful for people, I dont ask money for this, it's free
    Even if you're not asking for money it's still an advertisement masking as community interaction (think native advertising, but a bit more direct/press release like, and more transparent than normal native advertising.) Also asking asking others to rate your product without first being a contributing member of the community seems a little skeevy to me IMO.

I do agree this could be useful for a group of people, but it's hard not come in skeptical about the way it was presented the board.

I agree with you, my fault, I deleted the sentence where I asked to rate the app. Sorry for spam, guys.