OMG! The Rane MP2015 I just bought from AGI Pro is Made in China? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roman View Post
    I've been alerted to this posting. The MP2015 is not shipping yet from InMusic. I am one of the people involved in the process and I would know. We are using almost 100% of the same exact parts as originally engineered and specified. The Seattle team of engineers has work closely with the manufacturing team to be sure certain protocols are followed. Whatever this post is seems like either a bogus post, sorry but we DO NOT manufacture this unit in China, or something else. We expect the MP2015 to be available again in the next 60 days. Every unit is being hand made and is going through rigorous testing as I write this. RANE has some amazing new things coming as well. If the original poster would like to contact me directly I would love to get to the bottom of this not produced by inMusic situation.
    I think I already established that with the last post, Chris. Thank you for confirming it, though. So you're saying Rane voluntarily removed the "Made in the USA" from the back of their mixers without any influence from InMusic? Not saying it's a bad thing. FTC rules are FTC rules. I'm sure InMusic's legal is a lot more stringent with that sort of stuff than Rane. And yes, there's a B-stock sheet with the unit with a bunch of InMusic contact numbers on it. The lack of the "made in the USA" on the back, some of the knobs being out of alignment, the Chinese stuff on the bottom, and the InMusic insert were all compelling signs to the contrary, though. You have to admit. To say the posting "is not accurate" is a mis-characterization. It's o.k. Understandable panic from your end to my understandable panic on my end.

P.S. Please check with Rane on the whole knob alignment thing. Can I correct this on my end, or rather is it the soldering and just minor, expected variation?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    the knobs are not all centered at 12 o'clock on some of the mountings and some wobble slightly asymmetrically as they are rotated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roman View Post
    Every unit is being hand made and is going through rigorous testing as I write this.
    It doesn't matter where the unit is made, this alone is a reason enough to be disappointed. How can a hand made unit have obvious visual issues? If it's a B stock unit that the previous buyer returned for the same reason, shouldn't the shop return the unit to Rane/inMusic to be fixed?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It doesn't matter where the unit is made, this alone is a reason enough to be disappointed. How can a hand made unit have obvious visual issues? If it's a B stock unit that the previous buyer returned for the same reason, shouldn't the shop return the unit to Rane/inMusic to be fixed?
    Hit the nail on the head here. Hopefully Chris can help Reticuli out with the quality issue.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Hi Chris,

I shot you over a PM on FB. Here are some more pics of the knobs.

Hey Bastet,

Am I getting too anal about the alignment? It's obviously worse than the one or two very slightly like that on the PPD9000 you're borrowing. You're a Pioneer repair guy, after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No way in the world I could live with that.

Send it back.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Swap the knobs around, maybe they fit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Hi Chris,

I shot you over a PM on FB. Here are some more pics of the knobs.

Hey Bastet,

Am I getting too anal about the alignment? It's obviously worse than the one or two very slightly like that on the PPD9000 you're borrowing. You're a Pioneer repair guy, after all.
    That misalignment would drive me absolutely insane... IN FUCKING SANE! Hopefully Chris has a simple solution for you.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

In communication with a Rane/InMusic support person right now. Does anyone have any idea what a "toothed knob" is and how that differs from a regular knob?

IMG_4131.JPG

The knob on the left (toothed) fits into a splined shaft. The one on the right fits onto a d-shaft. Lots of DJ gear has d-shafts on the pots, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rane mixer has pots with splined shafts. You might be able to pull off the knobs and rotate them a tooth or two - that MIGHT sort out the alignment.

Use a soft cloth if you go levering knob caps off of pots!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    IMG_4131.JPG

The knob on the left (toothed) fits into a splined shaft. The one on the right fits onto a d-shaft. Lots of DJ gear has d-shafts on the pots, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rane mixer has pots with splined shafts. You might be able to pull off the knobs and rotate them a tooth or two - that MIGHT sort out the alignment.

Use a soft cloth if you go levering knob caps off of pots!!!
    Thanks! That doesn't look like it allows much fine tuning of the alignment for the knob on the left.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast