Bitwig / Twister controller script (fine / coarse controls)

Lightbulb Bitwig / Twister controller script (fine / coarse controls)

The purpose was to map the Midi Fighter Twister controls on to the 8 device parameter controls and provide fine and coarse grained control.

PDF documentation download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40rmabg0bc...Guide.pdf?dl=0

Note: PDF contains URL for controller script.

skitch.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

First of all thanks for sharing your mapping! I hadn't tested it jet but I looked in to your documentation and have some feedback for you.

1) There are eight screen shots of the MFU setup for each of the encoders - what you can do instead is export midifighter settings in a form of .MFS file that you should share as well.

2) It's good idea to zip the files before uploading - sometimes the file can lose it's extension when it's downloaded (mostly on Mac). Always zip your files to prevent from this issue.

3) Fell free to upload your mapping at MAPS section of the site so your work can be easier to find to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    First of all thanks for sharing your mapping! I hadn't tested it jet but I looked in to your documentation and have some feedback for you.

1) There are eight screen shots of the MFU setup for each of the encoders - what you can do instead is export midifighter settings in a form of .MFS file that you should share as well.

2) It's good idea to zip the files before uploading - sometimes the file can lose it's extension when it's downloaded (mostly on Mac). Always zip your files to prevent from this issue.

3) Fell free to upload your mapping at MAPS section of the site so your work can be easier to find to everybody.

Good point about the MFS file - I've definitely not used the utility app enough to know all of it's features. Thanks.

I'll update the doc and provide a ZIP link as well. I was concerned that someone might pass because it's a ZIP / security issues etc.

I'll definitely look into uploading on your mapping area as well. Thanks.

Document updated / new ZIP download with easy importing of MFT settings. Use link in first post.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I had to change line 45 to "p.value().addValueObserver(128, getDeviceParamValue(i, deviceParams));" for it to properly initialize in 2.1.1, otherwise I got an initialization error. Other than that great job!

What would be the simplest way to invert the behavior? Basically have coarse for a regular turn and fine when the encoder is pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I had to change line 45 to "p.value().addValueObserver(128, getDeviceParamValue(i, deviceParams));" for it to properly initialize in 2.1.1, otherwise I got an initialization error. Other than that great job!

What would be the simplest way to invert the behavior? Basically have coarse for a regular turn and fine when the encoder is pushed?
    That's strange - I get no such error on Bitwig 2.1.1 and it operates correctly - i.e. If I turn a virtual knob in Bitwig it updates the Midi Fighter Twister as expected. Do you posting the exact error you are seeing?

To invert the behavior; you could modify the bitwig script on line 75:

Code:
    if (coarseMode[index] == false) {
    Note: I haven't tested that change; but it should work.