Deep Cleaning for Traktor Z2
    Tech Convert

Default Deep Cleaning for Traktor Z2

Hello members of DJ TechTools.
    I hope all of you are well.
    I would like to know if one of you knows how to do a proper cleaning of a Traktor Z2.
    I've been using my one for over 3 years, and I'm one of those who expect that Native Instrument can release a new mixer like Serato does very often. But that will not happen soon, so I need to clean my one from the bottom to the top, I just want it like new.
    That mixer has been used in party beaches, night clubs, bars, etc, average twice a week since 2014. I know that it can have sand, mud and stuff. And I'm not the only one who has been involved with some very drunk and nasty people who have spilt alcohol everywhere and some of it has been on my mixer, many times.
    I hope that you can help me, guys.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

N!TRO aka N! Fresh

It's probably worth paying for a full service and internal clean. Money well spent.

Otherwise, it's just a case of unplugging it, opening it up, and VERY carefully cleaning it out.

If it's just a cosmetic clean that you want, pop off the fader caps and knobs, remove the faceplate and the x-fader, and clean it all out with a soft cloth, and maybe some alcohol/water solution.

It's not too difficult, just make sure you are super careful!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    maybe some alcohol/water solution.
    Vodka!

EDIT: just to be clear, the vodka would be for you, not the gear.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

If you are not comfortable disassembling your gear, find someone who is knowledgeable and learn as they do it to you or take it to a shop to be serviced.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It's probably worth paying for a full service and internal clean. Money well spent.

Otherwise, it's just a case of unplugging it, opening it up, and VERY carefully cleaning it out.

If it's just a cosmetic clean that you want, pop off the fader caps and knobs, remove the faceplate and the x-fader, and clean it all out with a soft cloth, and maybe some alcohol/water solution.

It's not too difficult, just make sure you are super careful!!!
    In the city where I'm living now, there's no experts in electronics, believe me, it's a very old school place.
    I already tried to open it, very carefully, but it has its trick to do it, since once the knobs were outside and the corresponding plates, I could not access beyond that. I prefer to do it myself, I have had previous experiences with other devices, I am a Sound Technician by profession and I take care before of others equipment. This appliance has a very special structure.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Vodka!

EDIT: just to be clear, the vodka would be for you, not the gear.
    I luv Vodka, but this isn't the case