My new go to setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new go to setup

Finally got to order the final pieces and build this rig. Been planning it for the past year and a half. All NXS2 gear in a FlightFX coffin with some modifications done by myself. Can go over the build in detail if anyone cares to know more about it.

Last edited by Jester; 07-10-2017 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Embedded Pics

Hi mate please embed your pics here. No one will click that link (except me, to check it) Hit me up if you need help. Cheers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I can't seem to get embeded images to work. Doesn't help that the upload form doesn't give error reports or mention requirements for image uploads(resolution, file size limits, file types, etc...)

Sorted mate. Just grab the actual image url and use the 'insert image' button
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I have a FlightFX case and was wondering if you could mount XLR and power on the sides. I was a little nervous about where to drill the holes and what i need to remove to get the wiring there. Any more pics of the inside to help me?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 1 | Pioneer HDJ-500 W |

Im gonna have to modify my odyssey case to have the XLR and 1/4" plugs on the outside now. Thats clean. I dig it.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I was hoping to have enough room to install a mounting dish(recessed metal plate commonly found on passive speakers) but there wasn't room so I settled with having the ports exposed as they are. I really would have liked to have had water/dustproof doors covering them.

Drilling the main hole for the ports was my first step. I didn't have the CDJs when I drilled them so it was kind of a gamble but I figured the audio cables I was using was thin enough to work with. I used a straight edge to make a center line and then a ruler and math to distribute the center point of the holes. After drilling the larger holes I placed the ports in and then drilled the smaller holes for the screws. In my haste I didn't check that the ports were perfectly leveled so some appear off angle a little. After drilling I used a large snap off blade to cut the foam on the inside of the case. I had to make sure there was enough room to get the nuts on the screws that would hold the ports in place.

I will try to get more pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I was hoping to have enough room to install a mounting dish(recessed metal plate commonly found on passive speakers) but there wasn't room so I settled with having the ports exposed as they are. I really would have liked to have had water/dustproof doors covering them.

Drilling the main hole for the ports was my first step. I didn't have the CDJs when I drilled them so it was kind of a gamble but I figured the audio cables I was using was thin enough to work with. I used a straight edge to make a center line and then a ruler and math to distribute the center point of the holes. After drilling the larger holes I placed the ports in and then drilled the smaller holes for the screws. In my haste I didn't check that the ports were perfectly leveled so some appear off angle a little. After drilling I used a large snap off blade to cut the foam on the inside of the case. I had to make sure there was enough room to get the nuts on the screws that would hold the ports in place.

I will try to get more pictures soon.
    Coolio. I want to make a recessed panel on each side of mine for RCA inputs and ethernet ports. I also want to have the main and booth outs on the outside as well. Luckily, my case house Turntables, so there is plenty of room to do a recess. I do know the C/XDJ version of the case is super tight tho.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Here are more pictures;

Tech Wizard

Cool set! Is the lightning under the set from the flightcase?
    It looks really cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast