Sample Advice

Thread: Sample Advice

Tech Wizard

Default Sample Advice

Hey, just looking for some advice please.. I have been used to playing vinyl for the last 20 years so only getting into to traktor the last little while.... trying to keep 4 channels going but keep it smooth enough hopefully....so just wondering what is best route for sample packs? I don't produce at all so anyone that would recommend labels even would be much appreciated.

Its hard to record with my phone and try play with one hand but this sort of sound is what I play. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Head over to NI and grab all the free ones. There are loads.

But, honestly, the only way to get original sounding Remix/Stems packs is to make your own. I've created Remix Sers from numerous producer type Sample Packs.

Also, take samples from songs as you play 'em, and revisit those samples in a Remix Set.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Head over to NI and grab all the free ones. There are loads.

But, honestly, the only way to get original sounding Remix/Stems packs is to make your own. I've created Remix Sers from numerous producer type Sample Packs.

Also, take samples from songs as you play 'em, and revisit those samples in a Remix Set.

Cheers Patch. Yeah Im just picking out loops on all my actual tracks at the moment.But would nice to have to have other samples and acapellas to play around with. Stems didnt seem to have a huge selection I thought, maybe getting bigger now though if more producers are releasing in that format. Im Probably aswell just getting ableton and make what I want I guess. Sorry for the stupid questions. Just so used to records and trying to catch up with all this.