Which of the following 2 setups is good?

Default Which of the following 2 setups is good?

Setup 1) Pioneer XDJ-RX All-in-One Controller

OR

Setup 2) Pioneer DJM-750 Mixer + 2 Pioneer CDJ-350's

Both the 1st and the 2nd setup cost nearly the same price. The 2nd setup of Player+Mixer costs nearly 100$ more. But that's fine.

Which of the above 2 setup is ideal for a DJ who is of beginner level but is looking to step up as well.

Should one look for DJ gear outside Pioneer? Are there any issues considering that one has to eventually move to Club-Festival standard PIONEER gear some day.

Please do give me your thoughts/suggestions on this. Would be of great help.
    Last edited by hieutc; 07-17-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Personally, I'd go for option 2 if you can afford it. You can swap out the CDJs down the line if you want to.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

the xdj rx is very nice, it has a lot more features than the cdj 350s do. i would look into xdj700s if you have the money. i own them and i love them. i also regularly play on the xdj rx. i think you will be dissapointed with the 350s

+1 for the XDJ-700. The CDJ-350 is really outdated and doesn't come close to their high-end gear.

Tech Wizard

While both options are good, learning on older gear would be more beneficial in the long run. I'm not saying go and buy 1200s, but if you go the cdj350/djm750 combo maybe look at getting a cdj400 or cdj1000mk3 to use as a 3rd deck.

While it's not common, some smaller clubs still have dinosaur's in the booth

Default Which of the following 2 setups is good?

Setup 1) Pioneer XDJ-RX All-in-One Controller

OR

Setup 2) Pioneer DJM-750 Mixer + 2 Pioneer CDJ-350's

Both are really good options. I would also ask yourself if you see yourself playing with or without a laptop. You also might want to take into account the cost of cases/coffins. The RX is nice in being an all in one unit needing virtually no setup. The CDJs on the other hand will need an additional 5-10 minutes to setup unless you set them up in a coffin.

As much as i like the old clasiic setup with seperate mixer and cd players i would have to say Pioneer XDJ-RX All-in-One Controller.
    One of the best DJs in the world, Richie Hawtin said that electronic music is innately tied to the technology used to create it – as the tools evolve, so will the art.
    I believe it’s very important to experiment with new equipment and learn new things.

Do you want to more than mix 2 decks? If so, the DJM-750 is the key component with it’s 4 channels.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems