MIDI Fighter 3D Windows 10 detection loop

Default MIDI Fighter 3D Windows 10 detection loop

Hi everyone,

I just got a MIDI Fighter 3D and I like the feel of it, but I cannot get the MIDI Fighter Utility to detect it on Windows 10. It detects it for a second or so and then disconnects, only to detect it again after another second. The loop keeps going forever.

I have seen the post in the FAQ section and followed all the steps, but it does not work for me. I opened up a ticket, but after getting one response from the customer support staff reminding me to follow the FAQ steps again they have not replied again.

Has anyone solved this before? Thanks in advance!

/Markel

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi Markel,

I had this same issue when I connected my 3D to PC for the first time (Windows 7).

The problem seems to was a bad driver installation as I could solve it by uninstalling the device in the Device Manager and plugging it in back again. I think the problem was that my 3D was connected via USB HUB while the driver was installing.

Is this Desktop or a Laptop computer?

Thanks for your answer! I have it connected directly to a desktop PC. I tried uninstalling the drivers from the device manager as you said and reconnecting, it actually worked that one time, but next time I connected it the issue reappeared. It's as if windows kept installing a problematic driver...

/Markel

Did you plug it in to the front USB of your desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Did you plug it in to the front USB of your desktop?
    I did, yes. I will give it another try tonight with the back panel USB ports or something, although I don't know how it would make a difference.

/Markel

Quote Originally Posted by Markel23 View Post
    I did, yes. I will give it another try tonight with the back panel USB ports or something, although I don't know how it would make a difference.

/Markel
    It would if you updated the firmware plugged in like that because many PC case manufactures are treat those front usb ports as an usb hub's. And it's advised not to use hubs while updating your device.

Try repeating the process in the device manager but this time use your root usb (which are usually located on the back of the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    It would if you updated the firmware plugged in like that because many PC case manufactures are treat those front usb ports as an usb hub's. And it's advised not to use hubs while updating your device.

Try repeating the process in the device manager but this time use your root usb (which are usually located on the back of the case).
    Alright, I think I found the problem. I connected the MIDI Fighter 3D through the back of the panel, but I kept having the same problem. So I tried disconnecting my USB audio interface, which is a Focusrite 2i4. Then the MIDI Fighter got out of the loop within the MIDI Fighter Utility 2.70.

It is worth noting that the loop does not happen even when the MIDI Fighter 3D is connected to an AUKEY USB hub (which is powered), the loop only happens when both the Focusrite and the MIDI Fighter are connected at the same time. It's a pity that they don't work together, but it's easy enough to disconnect the interface for a moment when I want to use the Utility.

Thought maybe this will help someone else. And thanks for the help Stewe!

Cheers,
    Markel

Alright, I think I found the problem. I connected the MIDI Fighter 3D through the back of the panel, but I kept having the same problem. So I tried disconnecting my USB audio interface, which is a Focusrite 2i4. Then the MIDI Fighter got out of the loop within the MIDI Fighter Utility 2.70.

It is worth noting that the loop does not happen even when the MIDI Fighter 3D is connected to an AUKEY USB hub (which is powered), the loop only happens when both the Focusrite and the MIDI Fighter are connected at the same time. It's a pity that they don't work together, but it's easy enough to disconnect the interface for a moment when I want to use the Utility.

Cheers,
    Markel
    I think the problem here is that Windows isn't really capable of sharing the MIDI port between two and more applications. So if you wish to use MF Utility you will have to close which ever Program/Port the midifighter is currently using.

Glad you're up and running!

Enjoy

Cheers,
    Markel
    It helped me! This problem was driving me nuts and I have the same interface... I think is time to change it!

Thanks!

I Found out that when I disconnect the Focusrite USB MIDI in the Device manager, the MF Utility works, without looping.
    But I want to use the MIDI of the Focusrite as well.
    So I have to found out how to use them together, without conflicting.