Akai APC Mini Mapping LED Feedback
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Akai APC Mini Mapping LED Feedback

Hello everyone, i need some assistance mapping the Akai APC Mini.

First thing: I don't own Mini (or any other Akai controller). I would like to create a traktor mapping for a colleague that i don't see that often.

I had no trouble finding the corresponding midi-notes and cc's by checking some of the akai mappings floating in the midimaps section and jotting the values on a piece of paper.

The trouble is that i would like to know how the LED's react to the Output Values. Which numbers (0-127) correspond to which colour (None, Amber, Green, Red) [blinking, not-blinking] {brightness} but i am unable to check this myself.

If you have this information and can spend the time writing this in a post, you would make me very happy.

Sûl.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Hello everyone, i need some assistance mapping the Akai APC Mini.

First thing: I don't own Mini (or any other Akai controller). I would like to create a traktor mapping for a colleague that i don't see that often.

I had no trouble finding the corresponding midi-notes and cc's by checking some of the akai mappings floating in the midimaps section and jotting the values on a piece of paper.

The trouble is that i would like to know how the LED's react to the Output Values. Which numbers (0-127) correspond to which colour (None, Amber, Green, Red) [blinking, not-blinking] {brightness} but i am unable to check this myself.

If you have this information and can spend the time writing this in a post, you would make me very happy.

Sûl.
    If I remember correctly...

none = 0
    green = 1
    green blink = 2
    red = 3
    red blink = 4
    yellow = 5
    yellow blink = 6

There is no brightness settings though.

Thank you very much, stewe! FOr the sequencer i wonÄ need anything more than you provided...

You are welcome! And it's awesome stuff that you're helping with this mapping without the controller!

My collegue tells me it's working. Slot 1 only for the first test. i can now copy-paste-adjust for the other three. when i'm done i'll put it up in the mapping section. If it's not to much to ask you could have a quick test youself when i'm done. Don't know many AKAI owners and you are one of the few that really have an eye for mappings. All assignments will be sorted by button with designations in the comments. Should be done by the end of the weekend. Your own two-deck mapping of the akai didn't leave any questions open regarding the LED's so any troubles with my own mapping will be due to my lack of an AKAI of my own ... ^^

cheers, sûl.

I wish I could help with that. But I sold mine long ago dude...

You seem to have gone through quite a collection. Your K1 (or 2) has also gone the road of the dinosaur if i remember correctly.
    No worries. Before the month is out i'll be in the guy's studio checking the remote mapping myself before it gets used in a live situation.
    I'll post it anyway. Maybe somebody else reads this and wants to give it a try...

I sold mine to a Ableton guy because I've found that the unit was somehow always open to "All Ports" even though correct controller was set to Out-Port in the Controller Manager of Traktor. The unit itself had picked up signals from my other controllers and because I wanted to use it's 8x8 matrix as a modifier display it was practically useless for the main purpose. And I hope that was just my unit acting buggy. I had no response from their support because it works great for what it is an Ableton controller

Than I made a mapping that nicely complements the S2 (when I was still using it) and since I used it's HID mapping I had no conflicts with MIDI and it worked great for the time. Than I sold Mini and saved some more to buy Maschine Jam.

Could you upload your midi diagram for APC as well?
    I could then maybe mimic it with 2x Livid BASE hardware and test it out.

of course i will. for exactly that purpose (portability) i sorted it all by key/fader. slotting in the right midi keys/ccs will be a walk in the park, especially using cmdr. only the LED output values may be in need of singular adjustment to a different controller.
    even though i didn't know initially which button corrresponded to which midi key, some other guy posted a picture with consecutive numbers. i realized that after 12 keys the designation had to repeat just like the keys on a piano and so it was easy filling up the gaps you left in the 2deck mapping (where you didn't use all of the matrix buttons). I'll put it all up when i am done. copy/paste is quick, but i have to adjust about 25 assignments per button (40 buttons left to do), which is boring as hell, without making any mistakes. boring but still gratifying. i could practically hear the guy jumping up and down now that his akai is finally going to be useful.
    good pointer regarding the midi ports. there are other midi controllers involved so we'll need to make sure none use channel 1 in case of signal bleeding.
    Last edited by Sulherokhh; 08-03-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    good pointer regarding the midi ports. there are other midi controllers involved so we'll need to make sure none use channel 1 in case of signal bleeding.
    That didn't work for my unit though.. Even though every software was registering CH.1 as a base channel it was somehow receiving midi on all channels regardless. Wish you guys luck! And keep us posted here on the progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast