Eks Xp10 & Xp5

Thread: Eks Xp10 & Xp5

Default Eks Xp10 & Xp5

XP10:

XP5:

Does anyone use these? Are they reliable/what's the functionality like, how do they perform in various different DJ setups etc...

Many thanks...
    2 x Technic SL1210 mk2s, MacBook 2ghz/2GB RAM/OS X 10.5.4, iMac Aluminium 2GHZ/2GB/OS X 10.5.4 & Windows XP Pro both running Traktor DJ STudio 3.4 & Traktor Scratch, Logic Pro 8, Reason 4, M Audio MK149cmk2 MIDI keyboard, Audio 8 DJ with data encoded vinyl, 2 TB Mp3s & about 1500 vinyls

Tech Convert

Gents,

I'm interested in getting a couple of these aswell. What are the main differences between the 5 & 10?

Ta
    Stace

Tech Mentor

I own a set of XP10's and I haven't had any issues with them as yet. The inbuilt sound card is ok quality, fine for the bedroom dj. Well for me they do the job as I use an external mixer so the two sound cards work perfectly.

As I understand it the XP5's are just lighter build quality, however I haven't used them before so I couldn't really comment.

I picked my XP10's up quite cheap and they have been definitely worth what I paid for them (I think ~$150AU). The jog wheel feels very good and sits quite stable. The resistance on the jog is fantastic and it's very smooth, touch sensitive area means you can actually use them for scratching.

The only real downfall of the xp10's is:
    1 - No knobs
    2 - Buttons are quite stiff, you have to press them quite hard.

Other than that I like them, combine them with either an external mixer, or a midi mixer (Fader Fox or even M-Audio X-session) and you have an ok budget set up. I added a Trigger Finger to mine so that I had the extra pads,faders,knobs to play around with.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Tech Wizard

i own 2*XP5, please read my post:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...highlight=djas

Tech Convert

Thanks

I'm not too worried about build quality tbh. That might sound ridiculous but they are not planned for any mobile use, I intend to flush mount them into a custom console I will build in the games room.

They seem about the best option as they will let me choose the other bits to go with them.

I'm thinking 2 XP5's, a 4 or 5 channel mixer (for expandability) possibly a Behringer DDM4000 (but not sure yet) and maybe an extra midi controller should I need it at a later date. Will probably go with Traktor for software.

Does that sound a reasonable setup? I don't want to spend a fortune, I have looked at the VCI 300 & similar but am concerned that all your eggs are in one basket!! Much prefer the idea of changing bits as and when necessary!

All input and recommendations welcome!

Thanks
    Stace

WHAT DO YOU THINK? RECOMMENDATIONS/INPUT PLEASE !!!
    Last edited by Stace; 09-17-2008 at 03:31 PM.

Tech Wizard

that soundsexactly what i want to do

Tech Wizard

http://www.zshare.net/video/548255959e8a82b4/

AND THATS WHAT IM DOING NOW

Tech Mentor

Stace maybe you could get a pad controller as well, like a Trigger Finger. This would just give you those extra knobs, faders you might want and also some nice pads to use with loops, cues etc.

andy im going to check that out at home!
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats