Streaming to Facebook Live

Default Streaming to Facebook Live

Hi , I wonder if anyone has any advice for me please.

Currently using vdj7 with a reloop beatmix 2 controlller.
    I want to stream direct to Facebook Live using my iPhone 6s.

I've bought a trrs adapter which plugs into my iphone headphone jack and then has a trrs hole for either a mic or headphone. I am then running from the mic via an rca cable into the booth/rec on the back of the controller.

When I film Facebook live it is picking up the sound but it is extremely crackly/can barely work out which song is playing.

Any idea if my set up is wrong or where I can find the ability to adjust the sound via the booth/rec as the controller itself doesn't have a control for it.

Thanks

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchydj View Post
    Hi , I wonder if anyone has any advice for me please.

Currently using vdj7 with a reloop beatmix 2 controlller.
    I want to stream direct to Facebook Live using my iPhone 6s.

I've bought a trrs adapter which plugs into my iphone headphone jack and then has a trrs hole for either a mic or headphone. I am then running from the mic via an rca cable into the booth/rec on the back of the controller.

When I film Facebook live it is picking up the sound but it is extremely crackly/can barely work out which song is playing.

Any idea if my set up is wrong or where I can find the ability to adjust the sound via the booth/rec as the controller itself doesn't have a control for it.

Thanks
    Why not use your master out > iPhone out so you have control over the output volume ?

You'll need to use your speaker / amp volume to control your sound in the room through the record out though.

Alternatively get a small line mixer you can plug into the chain for volume control e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/Nady-MM-242-S...rds=line+mixer

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Why not use your master out > iPhone out so you have control over the output volume ?

You'll need to use your speaker / amp volume to control your sound in the room through the record out though.

Alternatively get a small line mixer you can plug into the chain for volume control e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/Nady-MM-242-S...rds=line+mixer
    Thanks for the comment.
    I have since tried the master out route and got a similar mess of noise 😌

Thanks for the comment.
    I have since tried the master out route and got a similar mess of noise ��
    Might be the TRRS cable itself, not all are created equal might be time to pony up for an iRig or similar

Using an Apple CCK + USB mixer/soundcard is probably the most ideal way to do it and have proper control.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Might be the TRRS cable itself, not all are created equal might be time to pony up for an iRig or similar

Using an Apple CCK + USB mixer/soundcard is probably the most ideal way to do it and have proper control.
    Nice one. Cheers mate. Il have a look at different option as something ain't quite right as it is.

Nice one. Cheers mate. Il have a look at different option as something ain't quite right as it is.
    If you'd prefer stereo sound:

A Behringer UCA222 + Apple CCK if you don't have one already (Genuine) should do the trick be in stereo and will not require a powered USB hub to operate.

or

You could splash out on a Roland:Go or Line 6 sonic port which plug in direct to the iPhone / iPad without needing a CCK at all.

If you are happy enough with mono though the iRig 2 is only marginally more expensive than a TRRS cable with Line Level Attenuation.

All options to consider
    Last edited by deevey; 07-30-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Appart from any technical help:

Be Aware that Facebook is blocking more & more FB-Live DJ Performances for Music Right reasons.

If you Play only your Songs or Songs which rights are in your Possession (you'll have to prove it btw) then it isn't a big Thing, but if you Play Top40 for example....then you'll be blocked.

Friend of mine bought a Cam with an high End microphone for over 1k and is now definitively blocked for FB-Livestreams after 4-5 Streams. So he had huge expenses for nothing.

So check the Situation before you spend lots of Money into a solution.