Upgrading from my cdj850s
    Tech Convert

Default Upgrading from my cdj850s

Hi all. Looking for advice on a potential upgrade. My current set up is 2x 850 with a djm700 but i want to upgrade. I don't use serato etc. just USBs with analysed tracks from Rekordbox. Doubt ill ever use anything other than usbs. 2000s are the obvs choice but money is a factor. Should i upgrade to 900s or 900nxs? Or should i just hold out for 2000s. My reason for upgrade is screen res and better wav. I also use playlists. On the 2000s, the playlist shows artist and track name whereas the 850 only shows track name only. Does the 900 do the same when using playlists? I.e. artist and trackname or just trackname? Cheers in advance

check out XDJs. theyre about half the price of cdj2000s with almost all of the same features

Why not simply use your 850's with laptop and Rekordbox with ProDJ link?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Why not simply use your 850's with laptop and Rekordbox with ProDJ link?
    Good idea, except there would be no cue points. :-(

Go for the XDJ's. You will be more than happy.

That aside, if you put those 850's up for sale, let me know. ;-)
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Never been interested in using my laptop with my decks. Prefer the usb but its probs down to being lazy haha.

Ha, yeah if i do sell ill let you know.

Bert.

I recently purchase XDJ 1000 MK2's and I couldn't recommend them enough. I used to own an original 900 and I don't miss the CD drive one bit. I'm sure you will be happy with the XDJ's if you just wanna rock the players and USB drives.