Craving for midi mapping Denon MC3000 for Rekordbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Question Craving for midi mapping Denon MC3000 for Rekordbox

    Hi guys ,

    This is now couples weeks that I am looking for the midi mapping for my Denon DJ MC3000 to play on Pioneer rekordbox (I am guessing the one of MC4000 or MC6000 could work as well).

    I always used Traktor and it works well, but Pioneer Rekordbox got a better music management, few things that I would love to try.

    The midi map for traktor is .tsi, I got some midi mapping for virtual dj as well in .midimap. But rekordbox is expecting a file .csv. Please can anyone help me to find this file ? I looked everywhere online (even in PioneedDJ) but It was impossible to find for me

    I thanks in advance every tip that can help me

    John

  2. #2
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIDI
    Posts
    6,966

    Default

    Even if you find or create one by yourself you won't be able to map your jog wheels... Yup, they locked out essential commands like that to their own controllers...

  3. #3
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Even if you find or create one by yourself you won't be able to map your jog wheels... Yup, they locked out essential commands like that to their own controllers...
    Oh damn, that's silly ... Thanks a lot for this information Indeed you are right, in the midi pannel of rekordbox, they propose various commands but no Low, medium, high or filter ...

    I wanted to get a different experience than traktor, so I tried rekordbox and Serato. But after hours looking for mapping files and how to trick the applications to make them work, I see it s way to complicated

    So last thing I can do is to try to find a better music manager than itunes, with multi-tag (proposed by rekordbox)

  4. #4
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChill View Post
    Oh damn, that's silly ... Thanks a lot for this information Indeed you are right, in the midi pannel of rekordbox, they propose various commands but no Low, medium, high or filter ...

    I wanted to get a different experience than traktor, so I tried rekordbox and Serato. But after hours looking for mapping files and how to trick the applications to make them work, I see it s way to complicated

    So last thing I can do is to try to find a better music manager than itunes, with multi-tag (proposed by rekordbox)
    There is a thread somewhere around here about hacking the jogs, but without doing some custom work, those jogs wont work at this time. :-(
    - Equipment - Audio Technica ATLP1240's, Allen & Heath DB4, RekordBoxDJ
    - DAW - Cubase 9 Pro, FL Studio

  5. #5
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    There is a thread somewhere around here about hacking the jogs, but without doing some custom work, those jogs wont work at this time. :-(
    Yeah indeed, it's: http://djtechtools.com/2017/05/08/ha...ers-jogwheels/

    But it's pretty complicated and dunno if this could work in my mac with my setup. I can't even find the midi map in .CSV for rekordbox without the jog, and I have a deficient fader so I can't use the learn function of the midi mapper ...

    Any gonna stick to traktor and try this solution

  6. #6
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChill View Post
    Yeah indeed, it's: http://djtechtools.com/2017/05/08/ha...ers-jogwheels/

    But it's pretty complicated and dunno if this could work in my mac with my setup. I can't even find the midi map in .CSV for rekordbox without the jog, and I have a deficient fader so I can't use the learn function of the midi mapper ...

    Any gonna stick to traktor and try this solution
    Yeah its a bit of work. You need to map pretty much everything else, then go back and modify for the jogs. If I had an MC3000 on hand, I would create one for you.
    - Equipment - Audio Technica ATLP1240's, Allen & Heath DB4, RekordBoxDJ
    - DAW - Cubase 9 Pro, FL Studio

  7. #7
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Yeah its a bit of work. You need to map pretty much everything else, then go back and modify for the jogs. If I had an MC3000 on hand, I would create one for you.
    Tks a lot man.

    I followed the topic "How To Hack Rekordbox DJ To Use Any Controllerís Jogwheels" and understood how to trick the system to make it visible in rekordbox.

    I got now 1 file extracted from resources of the app, it's the midi mapping of PIONEER DDJ-SX.midi.csv that I renamed as MC3000.midi.csv. And I got a file that I dl during my long researches on the subject, it's the mapping for serato Denon MC3000.midi.xml.

    The hardest part is to report the hexa number. I discover than 9043 and 9243 are the Play/pause in deck 1 and 2. But to find the others number and the output number it's

  8. #8
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChill View Post
    Tks a lot man.

    I followed the topic "How To Hack Rekordbox DJ To Use Any Controller’s Jogwheels" and understood how to trick the system to make it visible in rekordbox.

    I got now 1 file extracted from resources of the app, it's the midi mapping of PIONEER DDJ-SX.midi.csv that I renamed as MC3000.midi.csv. And I got a file that I dl during my long researches on the subject, it's the mapping for serato Denon MC3000.midi.xml.

    The hardest part is to report the hexa number. I discover than 9043 and 9243 are the Play/pause in deck 1 and 2. But to find the others number and the output number it's
    Thats amazing! :-) If you get it working, please let me know. I would love to have that mapping to share.
    - Equipment - Audio Technica ATLP1240's, Allen & Heath DB4, RekordBoxDJ
    - DAW - Cubase 9 Pro, FL Studio

  9. #9
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I finally made it works. I am currently mapping individually the buttons and knob.

    Do you know by any chance how to combine 2 buttons ?
    Exemple in traktor to delete CUE1: I press SHIFT + CUE 1, but here I cant map 2 buttons in the same time, it's either SHIFT or CUE1...

    Any ideas ?

  10. #10
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I mapped most of the tricks, without the one we need 2 buttons, and one of the most basic thing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •