How to control Rekorbox without touching the laptop - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    So - could that be used to configure an old laptop as a display + and input device for a high powered desktop that lives hidden away under the desk?

'Cos that would be cool.
    Yes it can, but at that point, just buy an 8" 1280x768 display.

The teamviewer idea is more of just a, get this done with what you have laying around, idea.

My next project is an Intel NUC skull canyon built into whatever mixer I end up settling on with an 8" adjustable display.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I've got many old laptops sitting around the place with great displays - so I *may* in the future get a super-powerful cube desktop machine with a great big SSD. Those cube cases would fit perfectly into a void in an expedit set-up, so I'd have the power and value of a desktop machine, but the small form factor of a laptop.

This is something I've looked into many times in the past - if TeamViewer can do it (latency???) I'd be very happy!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I've got many old laptops sitting around the place with great displays - so I *may* in the future get a super-powerful cube desktop machine with a great big SSD. Those cube cases would fit perfectly into a void in an expedit set-up, so I'd have the power and value of a desktop machine, but the small form factor of a laptop.

This is something I've looked into many times in the past - if TeamViewer can do it (latency???) I'd be very happy!!!
    It defo can. As long as the host is quad thread 1.2ghz or higher you shouldnt see any latency issues. I've got mine running on a pi 3 with pidroid as the host right now.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Awesome. Gonna test it out with my current and an old laptop.

Cheers for the heads-up!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    8" 1280x768 display
    Can you recommend one, in a housing? I'd pair it with mac mini or some nuc for a dvs setup. Looking for a cheaper alternative to laptop, capable for on the road use.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Can you recommend one, in a housing? I'd pair it with mac mini or some nuc for a dvs setup. Looking for a cheaper alternative to laptop, capable for on the road use.
    I have a TOGuard (I think is the name of the company) 10.1" 1280X800 that has taken some hell and is still going strong. When you are shopping around, you are going to be looking for security monitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12