help! ableton not recording full sound?...

Default help! ableton not recording full sound?...

Hi all,

I’m having difficulty recording my dj mix from a pair of pioneer cdj900s, through a pioneer DJM700 mixer, into a scarlett 2i2 soundcard, then into Ableton Live 9 Intro. My laptop is a HP Pavillion (i7 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 64 bit windows 10 home).

I have followed set up instructions on the Scarlett 2i2, and sound is coming into ableton and recording. But on playback there is hardly any bass and drum sounds and I’m mixing standard house tracks.

Please help!

Kind regards,

Neil

Are you recording to a single channel in Live, with a stereo pair as the input source?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Are you recording to a single channel in Live, with a stereo pair as the input source?
    yes - 2 phonos out of booth or record on djm700 into the scarlett with a single stero full size jack plug

single audio channel in live

just sounds like ive lost half the sound :/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by neilt2017 View Post
    2 phonos out of booth or record on djm700 into the scarlett with a single stero full size jack plug/
    For a stereo signal you'll need to use both mono inputs 1+2 on the Scarlett (set to LINE Input).

So the left Mixer Output goes into Scarlett Input 1 (= left stereo channel) and the right Mixer Output into Scarlett Input 2 (= right stereo channel).

And, as already mentioned, make sure to select this Stereo Input Pair 1/2 in your Audio Track in Ableton Live.
    Last edited by solger; 08-06-2017 at 09:09 AM.