Traktor Jog Turn problem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Question Traktor Jog Turn problem.

Hi guys!

Im on it since few hours, trying to find tutorial, how to, searching on google wtv but I can't figure it out.

Im mapping a Pioneer ddj s1 with Traktor, im almost done except I can find how to map the jog turn for scratching.

Here s what I have do:
    add in
    jog turn
    learn to the jog left with pressure on it + turn
    encoder
    relative
    3Fh/41h
    Deck A

its working great, but if I close Traktor, when I restart the software, the Enc.-Mode is back to 7Fh/01h and the scratch doesnt work.

Why the mode is changing?
    There's anything I can do to keep 3Fh/41h mode or a better way to map the jog turn/scratch?

Thanks a lot!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should firstly check which encoders are used for your jog wheels. If those are indeed 7Fh than keep that encoder mode in the mapping and try increasing the rotary sensitivity on "jog turn" commands.

Tech Wizard

Its doesnt work right in 7Fh.
    I need to put sensivity at 300% and 100% for the acceleration to start having a lil bit of scratch..

When its on 3Fh, i can put the sensivity and rotation like all the other mapping i downloaded to take a look how it worked.

I saved it with the 3Fh, but when i restart traktor, it go back to 7Fh alone. Its frustrating!

I hate to ask this, but please confirm whether or not you are using a licensed version of Traktor. If so, which version are you currently running?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Its all right!

Yes I have a licensed version, its the last version of traktor, i just formated my macbook and downloaded on native's website

Maybe Stewe or Patch will have some input about why it keeps reverting. That's the first I have heard of the issue.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Maybe Stewe or Patch will have some input about why it keeps reverting. That's the first I have heard of the issue.
    Beat's me never heard of it myself.

I'd go for 7Fh setting and create couple of duplicates of the same command mapped to jogwheels. This way the rotary sensitivity can be increased even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Beat's me never heard of it myself.

I'd go for 7Fh setting and create couple of duplicates of the same command mapped to jogwheels. This way the rotary sensitivity can be increased even further.
    I didnt even know you could layer it up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I didnt even know you could layer it up like that.
    Sure thing, people import/layer the same mapping several times and then wonder why their browse encoder jumps 5-6 lines at once..
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

If i create the same mapping it will increase the sensivity ?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast