Rane 72 Mixer - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rane 72 Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    Aren't most of the scratch DJs using Serato now, that's kind of the point? I don't get why they're branding it with Serato, you'd think they could keep the branding off and pair it with Traktor as well?
    Serato Scratch Live was made in partnership between Rane and Serato. Before Scratch Live, the Pitch N Time plugin was limited to DAW's. There's a strong history there between the two companies, so it makes sense.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Honestly - I though that Rane turntable was a joke...

But...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

$799 is a bit crazy for a MIDI controller with just a couple of buttons.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 08-14-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    $799 is a bit crazy for a MIDI controller with just a couple of buttons.
    Yup. Might as well use the 9" Denon SC3900 with Hybrid midi mode and still get ability to play from usb sticks and CD's.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Some would say $1K+ for a turntable that plays records would be a bit crazy, but there's a market for it. More power to them.
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

How come? The 12s are definitely aimed at hip hop DJs, I wonder if they could of made it more modular/transferable between landscape/portrait. I kind of like the simplicity of the device, the way it can be used with more than one deck, plus if it is built like a tank, it could be a real contender to turntable/time code and CDJ users.
    Aren't most of the scratch DJs using Serato now, that's kind of the point? I don't get why they're branding it with Serato, you'd think they could keep the branding off and pair it with Traktor as well?
    The point is DVS allows them to bring a few records along with a timecode on, for backup and for that "keeping it real" feeling (/half sarcastic comment)
    This removes that option while bringing nothing new to the table - it's not easier to transport, nor cheaper. DVS users already use cuepoints/touchstrips on their add on controllers (X1, SP1, AFX,...). Only those who have a set of priceless, mint condition Technics at home that they don't want to transport to gigs might find this as a option. And of course, hardcore turntablists that find full 12" platter and no tonearm skipping absolutely essential for them.

Also, Traktor doesn't work with spinning platters without timecode.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345