Mapping an APC 40 to Rekordbox DJ

Default Mapping an APC 40 to Rekordbox DJ

I love me some APC 40 mapping... but I've only ever mapped it to Traktor. Now, I'm interested in using it with Rekordbox DJ, but there's big differences in the mapping process between the two softwares. I'm able to map my S4 to Rekordbox with no problem (with the help of the controller editor), but the APC 40 is proving to be more of a challenge. Specifically, I can't figure out how to get the LEDs on the APC to react.

Has anyone here done it? Is there something I'm missing? Is it even possible?

I think I saw someone mention Bome on another forum or site... but I downloaded that and I can't figure it out to save my life. So, not having any success with it, I don't know if it's a solution or a complete waste of time.

I can't help but feel like it's some stupid thing I've overlooked, and I'm probably making it harder than it has to be.

Thanks in advanced ya'll.

Mike

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, I don't own it but from the people's feedback on APC that I could see on the forums my understanding is that you have to firstly open Ableton (to sort of activate LED output in the controller) than it should be working fine with all software that accepts MIDI protocol.

You need to open ableton then close it. When I had my APC20, I had a macro that opened ableton and closed it whenever I hit a key combo.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6