Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
As a Rekordbox fanboy, I can honestly say Traktor isn't getting killed by Pioneer. While Pioneer may have corenered the mainstream market, NI has a super strong Niche Market including some of the world's top turntablists. Mostly it is due to the midi mapping capabilities that no other software has. We will see what the final midi mapping capability of Rekordbox 5 is, but it still needs a lot of work in its present state (Im on rekordbox 5 beta 4).
Agreed, there is a lot to love about Traktor. Its just so completely confusing why they wont pay someone for a month to overhaul their browser. Its terrible and has so many unacceptable UI bugs its a pain to use.

Example: Have focus in a playlist. Type something in search bar. Find search result. Press X in search window to close search. It just dumps you back to the main Traktor window, and you have to go down through the list and select the playlist again to have focus. This is one of tens of UI issues that should have been fixed 5 years ago.

Its just so weird the shit they choose to address.

Pioneer has shown that their development is agile, stable, they communicate with users, and they have punched out new versions and features at a rate of ten times that of Traktor.

I just want some confirmation that NI will actually fix the issues with Traktor between now and the heat death of the universe so i can get on with making choices. Even NIs own flagship softwares dont talk to each other. Having a Maschine deck in Traktor was such a no brainer that its still hard to believe they never made the effort.

The single most requested feature of Maschine (recordable mutes/solos) still doesnt exist, and NI tells the community they are wrong for wanting it. NI released a controller last year (Jam) with a button on it for accessing Song mode in Maschine. Nearly a year later, Song mode still doesnt actually exist even though the controller advertised it as a feature.

They are a company in development disarray.