Traktor DJ Studio 3 Cue issues

Default Traktor DJ Studio 3 Cue issues

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that's good with an older version of Traktor? Traktor DJ Studio 3.

I use it to put together a podcast which I've been doing with no issues for years now. I'm trying to do this week's & for some reason, I can only have output via master or monitor & not both. I don't have it hooked up to a controller, I do it all in my headphones sons to not upset the neighbours & I've had no problem listening to both master and cue until tonight.

When I go into my output options, it only let's me pick one or the other but I was also able to use both from the day I bought it and installed it.

What am I doing wrong here?

I hope you can help & thanks in advance.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLees View Post
    Hello,

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that's good with an older version of Traktor? Traktor DJ Studio 3.

I use it to put together a podcast which I've been doing with no issues for years now. I'm trying to do this week's & for some reason, I can only have output via master or monitor & not both. I don't have it hooked up to a controller, I do it all in my headphones sons to not upset the neighbours & I've had no problem listening to both master and cue until tonight.

When I go into my output options, it only let's me pick one or the other but I was also able to use both from the day I bought it and installed it.

What am I doing wrong here?

I hope you can help & thanks in advance.

Andrew
    My first question is going to be, Why have you not upgraded to Traktor Pro yet?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    My first question is going to be, Why have you not upgraded to Traktor Pro yet?
    I like how this works & I have other things to spend my money on. I only use it for recording a podcast, I use CDJ'S when playing out. If we could please keep on topic, this is urgent, so need a quick solution & not lectures on what other software people think I should be using.

I honestly havent used it since 2007 and dont remember what the settings pages look like. Shoot a screen shot of you soundcard selection and audio routing.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Could it be only the "Cue/Mix" virtual knob position?

Tech Wizard

I'm guessing the same as Stewe:

In the Mixer Section:

- Is the [Ph Vol] knob turned up?
    - And is the [Ph Mix] knob position set correctly (as example: center position = mixed Main + Cue signal)?
    Last edited by solger; 08-12-2017 at 02:31 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you only use the onboard sound card in internal mode, Traktor only lets you choose one stereo output.
    You can only select Left or Right on the Monitor, Master, Booth or Record outputs.

You can put both Master and Booth into mono mode but still only get Left or Right (not both) options.
    Are you sure you could assign both Built-In channels for Master & Booth? This has never been the case.

It must be a mixer section as solger mentions above.

I just started Traktor DJ Studio 3 on my old iBook to check

Tech Mentor

Has your audio device setting changed somehow?
    Sounds like it may have changed from ASIO to Directsound (or something similar)